1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help with my parents

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Athera, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Athera

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    On September 23rd of 2013, I met the most amazing girl her name is Julia on Tumblr. We talked for two months and I realized I had the biggest crush on her, on November 7th I asked if she would be my girlfriend. That same night I told my parents that I was bisexual and had been for a long time. My parents are highly religious and so I didn't expect them to be all happy about their daughter dating a girl but I did hope they would come around. It has been 4 months since I started dating Julia and my parents still hate this fact, I'm 18 fixing to be 19 and yes I live with my parent's so I can work a little easier and help out with my younger siblings. Julia lives 2 hours away and so I don't see her very often because my parent's are worried about me driving in the city she lives cause it is large and my town is very small. My dad I just found out stalk both mine and Julia's Tumblr's, which I find disturbing and wrong. When we are together around my younger sister's (they are 5 and 1) I can't hold Julia's hand or walk to close to her because she's just my "best friend" and thus they don't have to explain to my sister that I'm going to hell and making a horrible decision. I need help I don't know what to do. I don't know how to handle my parent's acting like this.

2. Bring it

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The tumblr issue is easy enough to fix, I think. Create another account for personal use that your dad doesn't know about. You can express yourself as you please there.
    But you might just have to explain to him that you're an adult and you deserve your own privacy. Because, as you say, it is really wierd that he's stalking your social media. If my dad started doing that I'd try to suck it up and just ask, "Why have you been so absorbed in my tumblr lately?" The following conversation might be rough or awkward or both, but you deserve the freedom to express yourself without worrying what your parents think.
    I hope this helps, and good luck (*hug*)