1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worried about friends! (One of which I want to come out to)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by WearyWanderer, Mar 1, 2014.

1. WearyWanderer

So I might be seeing too much into this, but here goes. Now, about a month back I told a good female friend of mine that I was gay, and I have been so thankful that she took it well. However, she is the only one that knows who is outside my family. So, I've been wanting to tell some other person who isn't my relative lately.

So then there's this other guy who we are both friends with. Well, she was friends with him. A couple weeks ago I found out that they were a couple. I had already guessed it before, and I gotta say that they are one of the cutest couples ever! <3 so I was happy to find that out. :slight_smile:

Anyway, she told me before that this second friend had some depression issues, and was even cutting himself for a time. She made him stop, but lately she told me that he's been tempting to cut again, but he's entrusted her with the keys to the box where he kept his blades. She gave them to me for about a day or so because she couldn't handle the stress, but then asked for them back soon after and didn't say why. Regardless, I know he's still going through a lot.

And he also knows that there might be something up with me too. He might have already guessed that I could be gay. He's said to me recently that "his door is always open" if I wanted to talk to him about it. Well, I kind of want to open that door, my closet door that is. :wink:

So I texted him today and asked what he was doing. He said he was in the woods, and ended the conversation very quickly because he was "out camping", and also said "have a nice weekend", implying that we wouldn't be in touch the rest of the weekend. Now, I hadn't heard that he would be on a camping trip, but then again I didn't ask what he was doing over the weekend. But still, it just seemed sort of odd.

Anyway, I texted his girlfriend to try and find out if he was okay. She hasn't responded. Now I just texted "hey" and I would initiae the topic after she had responded, but...she hasn'. I texted her early in the morning, and it's late now. Now, I'm beginning to suspect that they're together, probably doing something like maybe camping, but she wouldn't downright ignore my texts. If he has service, then she probably would too. And I didn't notice this until after the fact, but she actually hasn't responded to me since yesterday afternoon. Now I don't THINK I did something wrong,. We had been friendly and chatty all that day. So for her to just ignore everything is kinda strange. Now I beginning to think something is wrong with him?

I know that there's been some drama among our group of friends lately, and it's taken a toll on all of them. The male friend actually just recently asked me for advice on what to do with her because she was about to have a breakdown. I care a lot about both of these people and want to do anything to help them. But I also know that they need to work through some of their own problems themselves. And the fact that they're both kind of giving me the cold shoulder here makes me think that maybe I should back off. Not to mention, I might be wrong about all of this!

And then there's the part about coming out to him. If he's going through a lot right now, I would feel terrible if I just added one more thing to worry about on his plate. He'd probably be accepting, but what if he's just going through too much to hear all my woes? Should I wait until things cool down?

What should I do here guys? I'm kinda at a loss. :frowning2:

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're a very loyal friend :slight_smile:
    I don't think there's a whole lot you can do. For the moment I recommend texting the girl and telling her: "Hey can you please check up on _______ because I texted him earlier and he kind of didn't respond and I just want to make sure everything's good"

Other than that, it's really out of your hands.
    As for coming out to him, yeah you might want to wait a while... although I don't really think it would be a problem. As long as you came across that it was something you were sharing with him about yourself, rather than a burden you needed him to help you with. You might also want to reciprocate the offer to talk about what's been bothering him if he needs to.

Hope it all goes ok :slight_smile:

3. WearyWanderer

Funnily enough, the girl friend just texted me this morning and said she hadn't had service for the past few days. Don't know why yet, but that explains the "ignored" texts. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yeah, I definitely want to talk to her about him. She'd probably have the best judgement on what to do. Also, that's probably a good method on telling him if there is something going on. Thanks :slight_smile: