1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rejected

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by kem, Mar 1, 2014.

1. kem

kem

i dont know what i was expecting anyway. I told a good friend of mine – we used to be romantically involved in 2012 – that I still liked him more than I should. It was my birthday, and I felt strong like a juggernaut, i felt the best ive felt in months.
    He was straight-forward, but not blunt, and told me that it wouldn't happen. He doesnt know what he is, or what he feels, but he knows that he isnt attracted to me, or men, in a sexual way but he considers me a dear friend.
    I wasnt expecting the confession to lead to a reunion, but i really wish i could cry now. I dont know what sort of psychological barriers ive constructed but i wish i could climb over them right now. Only thing I feel now is cold, i'm shivering.

All in all though, this was still a great birthday. My best friend baked us a cake and it was delicious! And things ended on great terms (we agreed to hug more often) and i got confirmation on my beliefs – i know him extremely well but still i have trouble reading him, part of his charm. and i have great friends who care about me.

2. BiPenguin

(((hugs)))

3. kem

kem

Thank you for the e-hug <3 It means a lot, I feel a lot better already though. Still not great, but better.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! It's good that you are feeling better. (*hug*)

You made yourself very vulnerable for being honest with your friend, and letting him know that you are still having feelings for him. And maybe having told him that, will give you a chance to move on from them now. It hurts, because a part of you was looking for a different answer, despite knowing that nothing would come of it.

It is okay to let your emotions out, and to punch the pillows if you have to. You know you have some great friends that you can rely on, and ask for support. If you need it, ask for it, even if it is just wanting a hug.