1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girls

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by KThomps, Mar 2, 2014.

1. KThomps

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am like 90% sure im lesbian because I've never really been attracted to boys just girls. Like with the boyfriends I've had anything past holding hands seems forced and frankly weird. Now, though, I really want a girlfriend to call my own and hug and kiss and reaffirm my thoughts on my orientation. The problem is idk where to find any please help

2. barcelonabound

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm in the same boat. In an older thread, someone advised going to a lgbt center, not just to find a girlfriend, but to also build a support group. Hopefully there are some in your area. I tried going to gay bars, but each time left me feeling uncomfortable and frustrated(but that's just me).

3. KThomps

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I can't get into a bar anyways

4. softsprite

Out Status:
    Some people
    Usually there's something of a network in even a small town, it's just a matter of figuring out where to look. Are there any gay-friendly businesses other than bars? Coffee shops? Music venues? Any lesbian-owned restaurants or bookstores? Are there any Pride events in your city? A parade, march, protest? Unitarian church (sorry to stereotype, but sometimes Unitarian churches are extremely gay-friendly and a great place for teens)? GSA at your local college or university? Gay and lesbian section at the local book shop or library? Sorry again to stereotype, but sometimes we have to be cynical to find people--is there a musician with a lesbian audience playing a concert in a nearby city sometime soon? If you're out it's easier because people will approach you--and if you're not out there are subtle ways to get attention, like wearing a rainbow belt or an HRC pin on your bag when you go out to the movies or dinner. Sorry, I came out ten years ago so this is all based on what I did and might not apply anymore!

5. AmiBee

Does your high school have a GSA? There is an LGBTQ youth group for teens near where I live. Is there one in your area?

6. Wildclover

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might also try seeing if there are any groups on your local meetup.com website. If you're not familiar with the site it's a place for groups of all sorts to schedule get togethers and group events which can run the gambit from hiking to musical performances to cooking classes. You choose which groups to join and what activities you want to participate in. It can be a fairly low pressure way to make new friends of a similar mindset.

7. Aelan

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ill be honest I met my girlfriend by lying about my age on an internet dating site lol.

Turns out she did the same thing and is actually two years younger than me.

You could try some sort of online meeting place for younger people. I would highly recommend you get on some sort of online chat program like Skype or face time for Apple people to make sure they are who they say they are before you meet them. Last thing you need is some 40 year old man pretending to be a 18 year lesbian cause that's how he gets his giggles or some crap. (trust me, personal experience)

Anyways thats my two cents. Online stuff works since you can sort who/what you are looking for but you have got to be careful about using it.