1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to find out if he likes guys?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by magic, Mar 3, 2014.

1. magic

There is a guy at school who is in the year above me and is finishing school at the end of this year. i have a crush on him and i have for a few years. he is always nice to me and we talk lots but i dont know if he even likes guys. i have a feeling that he might like me back because he talks to me in a different way than i have seen him talking to other people and we both caught each other looking up and down once and we both smiled about it. he has many sterotypical aspects about him self and even though i know it means nothing i still feel like i have a chance with him.

i also have a few questions
    how can i find out if he likes guys with out coming out to him?
    how do i know if he likes me?

2. StephenSC

No offense intended because I know you likely aren't feeling it as much as I am at the moment. But, my god young love, it's cute. I really wish I had some of that (*sigh* wasted youth)

= (

Sadly the best way to be sure about all the things you've asked is to be direct and ask him! Though that's scarey and carries some risks. My advice would be to take some time getting closer to him, just becoming better friends so you can have more open and honest conversation without raising any red flags. Also show him your open to homo/bi sexuality whenever the chance arises and try judge what his opinion on it is whenever you can.

You can try get the information from him in a non-direct manner, maybe ask him if he's dating or interested in anyone at the moment or ask him about the last person he's dated. (Make sure you pick your words carefully so you don't slip with "Are you interested in any GIRLS at school?" Or something like that). Maybe if you can get deep and meaningful you could ask him to describe his perfect partner. That could give you an idea if he's gay/bi, provided he's willing to share. If need be tell him your asking because your after relationship advice (Not a lie, hehe).

Once your close to him maybe if nothing else works and you think he is accepting towards gays you could come out to him and see what happens. Obviously this can back fire... but you only get one chance at these things, don't let fear stop you from something that could be a good thing. (Just be sure to be smart about it, no rash actions and you'll be fine)

I hope things go well for you, good luck with it. Just remember to take a moment to think on everything you do/ask before hand and be don't be afraid to take a chance.

#2 StephenSC, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  3. magic

none taken.

thanks for all of the information i will try and ask him if he is dating or likes anyone at the moment. i think that i may eventually ask him if he likes guys after we become closer friends. he said that he was going to do a project on same sex marriage (which no straight guy would do here) but he changed his mind so i know that he is accepting towards gay people. which is a good sign.