1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shunned

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by crazylove, Mar 3, 2014.

1. crazylove

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    How do I explain to my girlfriend that her exclusion of me in regards to her family (not having me over when family is visiting and that know we have been together as a couple for over two years) is hurtful and makes me feel that she cannot proudly have me by her side (and I'm the one she says she's madly in love with and wants to have a life with). She is all about saving face, not wanting them to be uncomfortable. She knows I feel shunned but nonetheless cannot include me.

2. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is she out to them?

3. crazylove

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tell her what you're telling us. Her family is not going to magically become more comfortable if she keeps appeasing them by hiding you. Also, is a hidden love really ove at all, or is it just shame?

5. britelyse

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm in the same situation :frowning2: my girlfriend swears it will Never change because her father won't accept it at all. But I'm hurt that she has never really tried. Breaks my heart. I can't get her to see why it bothers me So much!!