1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm so upset

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Theatertennis17, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Theatertennis17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The other day I told one of my best friends that I liked him because I thought there might be a chance, and I wanted to just take a chance. This sadly back fired and he told me that he is pretty sure he's straight, but it's okay that I like him even though he has never been in a situation where a gay guy liked him.

I'm glad that he didn't react like he was disgusted and wanted no part of me anymore. I thought I could live with what happened and move on. Now granted I haven't given it very long, yesterday I was perfectly fine we acted like we have always acted around each other and I thought everything as going to be okay. That was all until today. We do theater together and today during rehearsal I was watching him do a scene and all the feelings flooded back.

I know I need to get over these feelings, but I honestly thought I loved him. He was one of those guys that make you smile when he is around you, and he is always nice to you, and he knows how to make me feel better if I was in a horrible mood that day. When he smiles I smile, and when he walks by I want to say that's my boyfriend because he is so amazing. How on earth do I get rid of these feelings? I don't want to be one of those people that are obsessed with a guy they can never have, like I know for sure there can never be anything romantic between us.

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Time is definitely a wonderful healer. Everyone deals with it differently for some it's good to put some distance between you, I know that can be tricky but where possible. For other writing a list of all the bad things about them can sometimes made them seem less attractive. Perhaps try and join an LGBT group or something where you might find someone more likely to return your feelings.

3. jonnemack

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You simply do not erase those feelings, in my opinion. You don't have to stop liking him the way you do just because you are never gonna actually kiss or be boyfriends. He is one of your best friends and you should put that ahead of everything, he respects you because you didn't cross that border. I mean, even though you said you liked him, everything remained the same and that is what you're suposed to remember.

He is still an amazing person, you said that. Although you want him to be more than that, you will have, unfortunately, to find someone else to be the guy for your romantic relationships. But why is that bothering you? Why people keep thinking that "friends" is such a miserable option? It's not like he had ignored you or wanted you out... He is a guy you can talk about everything, even about other guys cause he is one of your best friends. He is the one you call soulmate, and why soulmates always need to be sexual parters?

Hope you do awesome :grin:

4. sweetgayboy

sweetgayboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    aww (*hug*) well at 17 u have so many people come in and out of your life. There will be a lot of people u will have feelings for and u might wink at them but they might not back. And that's ok bc the right guy is out there and u will find him u just have to keep looking just don't give up :kiss:

5. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, you're lucky he responded so well :slight_smile: Be thankful for that.
    It will take time, but eventually you won't feel sad about it. Try to put some distance between you two, and get to know other people it possible. (*hug*)

6. KanayaMaryam

It'll take time. I know that's cliche, but these feelings don't go away overnight. Took almost 3 months to get over my last ex, and there was a lot of times I thought I got over it but I didn't. >_< I feel your pain sweetheart, but stay strong. <3 Just try to distract yourself, and the feelings'll go away little by little.

7. Etak

Just try your best to move on. Some feelings never quite go away. I'm having a hard time getting over this one girl (that told me she thinks she might actually be a gay guy... so basically she has no use for me). Stay focused on the future, and try not to let it eat away at you. I know it can be hard, but feelings fade and things do get better.

8. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just use him as a model for what you want to look for in a real boyfriend, a guy who will reciprocate your feelings.