1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice about possibly lgbt little boy?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sal, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Sal

Sal Guest

So awhile ago I posted a thread about my little cousin/brother who's parents fear that he may grow up to be gay and have taken steps to ensure otherwise.

Well this weekend I stayed at his house and watched him and his baby brother while his parents were away. (He being 4 while his brother just turned 1) things were fine for the most part. We played just dance, tea party, and I let him do my hair (Aka dump hair gel in it and attack it with a brush). His little brother was behaved and just rolled around on the floor watching us. However later on my cousin started doing things that I'm not sure are typical or not for little boys. While i was occupied i let him sit and play with his baby brother. I took my eyes off him for one moment and the next thing I know he has his hands down his brother's diaper and was trying to kiss him on the mouth, I say try because the baby kept biting him. I didn't tell his parents about it for obvious reasons, but now I'm stumped. Is it normal for kids to want to, let's just say, 'explore' their siblings? I separated the two and asked what he was doing. He said they were playing boyfriend and girlfriend. I was unsure of what to do, so I just told him it wasn't nice to stick his hands in other people's pants and sat him in time out for a bit.

Two other similar occurrences happened this weekend and it seemed my reprimanding had little to no effect. I'm at a loss of what to do at the moment. How does one tell their homophobic aunt and uncle that their son, who they already fear may be gay, likes to stick his hands down his brother's diaper? I'm watching them again next weekend and would like to know how I could better handle this.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Children do all KINDS of weird shit at that age. Stuff that doesn't necessarily make sense or mean anything other than it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Having said that, sticking your hand down there and trying to kiss someone isn't exactly 'instinct' behaviour, that's learned. Makes you wonder what he's seen...

3. Claudette

Claudette Guest

as a child me and my cousin would touch tongues she was 2 years older then I, at the time it seemed normal, ya know? didn't seem odd or weird until my mother stopped us from doing it in the super market.
    However I hope your "homophobic aunt and uncle" don't intend to send him to a "straight camp" later in life... oh the horror stories I have heard

4. Sal

Sal Guest

I have no control over what he sees when I'm not there, though I have found him watching romantic movies from time to time. When he's with me I keep the tv on appropriate material for young kids.

I don't think he understands what 'private parts' are, so I'm not sure how to explain to him why he shouldn't do it and have him comprehend.

5. MMF

MMF

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    FFS he would not remember any of what he's doing right now. It will go away eventually. He must have seen it somewhere that is why he's doing it.