1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Needing some support

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by thtsjustme, Mar 3, 2014.

1. thtsjustme

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey Im Destiny Ive been questioning who I am for almost a year I always seemed attracted to girls but wasnt really sure Ive dated two girls but as a person that grew up in church I was told that this feelings are wrong and that i could go to hell 7 months ago I became friends with a girl from my church and we became best friends every day I realized more and more that I was falling for her I wasnt sure how she felt about me and we started experimenting with each other and started kissing so I told her I was falling in love with her and she told me she felt the same way it was the best feeling in the world.But as christians we decided we werent going to tell anyone.so a day or two after we started dating we were kissing in her room and her mom caught us surprisingly her mom and dad took it very well and support us 100% because the have gay family members and her parents arent christian and dont care unfortuantely my parents arent the same way and would kill me if they found out but I dont care. The other day our youth pastors found out about us and told me maybe I should stay away for a while and that being this way was my choice I can change they talk to her too and she was crushed I love my girlfriend and would do anything for her but I love God too i just felt judged and they told me i should talk to her anymore i just want to be arounf people that understand me and wont judge me for having these feelings im in love and she makes me happier than ive ever been but im torn between her and the church

2. Claudette

Claudette Guest

First off -- welcome to EC! ;D
    secondly... God made you in his image, yes? Therefor God made you this way, so.. being as that is, Homosexuality or feelings there of can't be wrong ^^ plenty of christian churches in America have come to cast off the whole "Homosexuality is a sin/abomination" thing.
    You should also visit Pflags website, as they offer advice and booklets for family members of LGBT people ^^

3. lameo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This story really touched me, I am glad her parents are supportive. I have a lesbian tattoo artist who was married for years to a man and repressing her true self. She was also very religious. She eventually threw her hands up in the air and shouted her love for the woman who helps raise her child. So you see, you can be religious and a lesbian as well. You are in-love, be grateful she returns the favor. <3

4. azure au

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You show a lot of strength. I think its wonderful that you are willing to learn about yourself and not deny this part of yourself. I am sorry that your pastor reacted in this way, please don't let this impact on the way you see yourself. If you don't feel you can talk to your parents yet remember that support is even more important. EC is a great place to find support and it sounds like your friends parents would be great people to talk to.