1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does he like mee???? <3

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by knightwing, Mar 3, 2014.

1. knightwing

Okay so I have this friend who could possibly be gay (if you knew him you would know what im talking about) and for like 3 years ive had a crush on him. During those 3 years, however, (once he found out I was gay) he proceeded to ignore me and generally just be rude to me.
    Well now out of the blue hes started interacting with me in ways that are (possibly?) flirtatious and actually making the effort to talk to me.

In drama class, for example, when people are talking I jokingly roll my eyes at him as if I find the person talking boring. Now usually, someone in his position would just laugh or whatever and be done with it. But HE grins like the biggest smile at me and goes really red in the face.

When i text him he takes ages to reply - so im thinking, great he doesnt want to talk - but then when his texts come through they're like paragraphs. clearly (even if this was in a friends-only interaction) this obviously shows hes interested in talking to me.

Also, a more recent example, I came past my friends talking today when I was leaving school to go home and I went up behind them and was like "byeee fabulous people!' (they didnt reply haha) but I kept walking and then he called out "BYE!" really loud.Clearly making the effort to say goodbye.

Now you beautiful people, I ask you that question - does he like me?? and more importantly, should I act on it and go with my gut (which is saying YES HE LIKES YOU)?? we're going on a class camp very soon where they boys and girls are split in different cabins, so if i was to act and it went really bad, i wouldnt want to make that trip awkward.

Thanks for answering btw <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

2. magic

Im in the same situation. from what you said it sounds like he likes you.

do you know for sure that he is gay?

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He likes you, but maybe not in that way (romantically). What you need to do is get closer to him. Does he have girlfriends? Does he show interest in other guys (how he acts near super hot guys is a useful indicator)?

But, ultimately, you need to find if he's homophobic and, if not, come out to him. You don't need to also say you have feelings for him at the same time (just coming out can be a shock), but that will be the most concrete way to show that you're open to being in a relationship, and the ball will be in his court.

4. knightwing

Okay thank you both for your replies, I'll answer your questions

He does not have/has not had any girlfriends. He sometimes hangs around some of the boys regarded as being super hot (although i guess his friendship group sit near there so...but then again, sometimes he sits with those boys when his friends arent there and those boys dont even talk to him??)

He's not homophobic (he even stood up for gay rights several times when our librarian got a little anti-gay) and I am out to him already.

OH AND NEW INFORMATION: i needed some boys for an assignment today and when i asked him he was more than happy to help, and even really got into helping me out. obviously not a sign that hes got feelings for me, but enough to suggest hes interested in (at least) a friendship with me.

Any ideas going forward?

5. robclem21

Sorry to go against the first two posters, but there is nothing here that really strikes me as him being anything other than friendly. He may have jumped ship originally because he was uncomfortable with the situation, but now may be a little more comfortable and trying to return to being on normal terms with you.

Again, you know the situation and his actions better, and its possible that he got overwhelmed by you coming out and wasn't sure how to handle his own feelings, but none of his actions stand out as being romantically interested or flirtatious beyond someone who is generally nice.

I would proceed with caution here at the risk of him flying off the handle again and ignoring you, thus making the trip awkward. Maybe start to push boundaries a little and see how he reacts before full out making it obvious you are interested in him.

6. knightwing

robclem21, that's completely fine to 'go against' the first posters, all opinions on this are welcome. Perhaps you're right, I feel that I might be reading into this a little too much.

7. Gen

Gen

I agree with the common consensus. It seems that he enjoys your company, but that can be both platonic or romantic. Since you've already come out to him, work the topic of same-sex/homosexual attraction into the next conversation that you have with him in a lighthearted way. At the end, I would ask something like "Have you ever thought about being with a guy?" and see where it goes.

8. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hard to tell, but you can definitely use his sudden open-ness to your advantage and get closer to him by talking to him. Start conversations as much as you can, smile a lot, and perhaps invite him to do something with him outside of school. You can also try some light touching like patting on the shoulder and see how he responds.
    I would suggest you use this camp as an opportunity to try these things :slight_smile: