1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I'm new to the whole being in a relationship thing...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by animequeen567, Mar 4, 2014.

1. animequeen567

I just got my very first girlfriend recently as some of you might have seen from my forum post last month! We've been together for almost a month (will be a month on the 9th <3) This is my first real relationship and I don't want to mess it up. But I'm completely clueless though! I don't know what's good to do/say, what's bad, and all that. I'm even afraid to call her my girlfriend when we are hanging out or even kiss her (we've kissed once though) because I'm afraid I'll come on too strong, but I'm also afraid of not coming on strong enough! I just have no idea! We get along as we usually do. We text A LOT. We don't get to see each other as much as I'd like because she usually works third shift and she lives about an hour away. I also have weird work schedules. It's only been almost a month like I said so I just want any and all advice anyone can give. I'm just clueless. I don't really know what to ask. I just don't want to scare her away. :icon_redf :help:

2. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just be yourself! I know you probably get that a lot, but seriously... Never try to be someone you're not. She's with you for a reason. :slight_smile: Ask her if she wants to be known as your girlfriend in front of others. It's only been a month, so take things slow.

3. lameo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    At least you guys are doing some form of communication, long distant relationships are hard. And the best advice I can give you is talk your fears out with her. You will be glad you did and you guys can establish boundaries and what you are both comfortable with :3 Good luck!

4. azure au

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You obviously really care about her. I agree with others, take it slow, be yourself and communicate. Communication is really important in forming a healthy relationship. When she shares a thought or feeling with you let her know you appreciate it and care what she thinks. Good luck

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Start each day with Good morning and end each day with Good night. Tell her that you love her every day, ask how her day was and tell her about yours.

Show her that you care about what is going on with her life...

6. animequeen567

Thank you so much everyone! I ended up asking her about if I was coming on too strong. And she ended up giving me advice as well lol. But thank you so much! Everyone's advice helped out! :grin: