1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there anything wrong with no celebrating my birthday

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Beware Of You, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Beware Of You

My boyfriend wants to throw me a party for my 24th birthday, but I haven't actually celebrated one since I was 5, my parents used to ask me if I wanted a party of do something but I always said no. It was the same of my 18th and 21st I just don't like attention for my birthday. My parents sent me money last year to buy something for me, I never spent it. I just don't care about it

2. Hefiel

I don't see why there's anything wrong with it. I don't celebrate mine either. My parents forced a celebration on me for my 18th birthday, but after making it clear with them that the only reason a celebration happened wasn't because I wanted one but because they wanted one and I hated that (I initially made it clear that I didn't want one but they invited people anyway), they stopped and don't bother me with it anymore.

Still, as far as I'm concerned, it's just a normal day in life. I have to either go to school or to work, doesn't feel any more special to me just because I happened to be born that day 23 years ago.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There's nothing wrong with not celebrating it, but maybe you could make a compromise and just go out for dinner. The reason is that while you don't think it's significant, you boyfriend does. I am much the same way as you because I'm an introvert. My parents were the main reasons I had birthday parties (for some years), and usually they were just with family/cousins.

4. eofox

If he is adamant on throwing a party just ask him if he could keep the birthday decorations, and such, to a minimum. If you really don't want to celebrate your birthday, just look at it as a regular party that you might attend on the weekend. Overall, I totally understand why you wouldn't want to celebrate the first, and last, time you ever touched a woman's lady bits. :icon_wink

Anyway, I hope whatever happens, you are able to enjoy yourself.