1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I gave my straight best friend a blowjob. (Slightly erotic text). Advice?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by NonJewishJew, Mar 4, 2014.

1. NonJewishJew

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    (Tl;dr at the bottom)

Alright... so... A bit of a backstory first...

I'm bisexual and I have a straight best friend (Let's call him Luke). We both have an incredibly close (platonic) friendship with each other, which has often been described as a bromance. We tell each other we love each other nearly every time we meet (and often when texting/Skyping) and we're both completely comfortable with hugging each other. We often tell each other how much we value the other and we commonly make jokes about being gay for each other.

I've had romantic/sexual feelings for him several times in the past (I currently don't), but he identifies as straight. However, he once told me that he thought he was bisexual (because he was having intimate dreams about guys and was starting to develop feelings for me), but I told him that he was just bicurious and he soon went back to identifying as straight. He knows that I've had feelings for him in the past (we tell each other everything) and he was completely fine with it every time.

Backstory over. Fast forward to last Saturday night.

My 18th birthday was on Sunday, so our friend threw a party on Saturday night to celebrate. Luke and I both went to the party and of course, we both got really drunk. At about 11:30PM, I noticed he wasn't with everyone and went looking for him. I found him sitting around the side of the shed, and so I sat next to him and started talking to him. He asked me how I felt about a guy I had being talking to a lot, and I nonchalantly told him that I didn't know how I felt about the other guy and thought that Luke was awesome.
    I hugged him, and our cheeks got really close next to each other. We both turned our heads and our lips met for a kiss. I barely had time to react before he pulled me in for more and almost right away we were making out. This went on for a moment before I grabbed his crotch. He seemed to have no negative reaction to that and instead said that I was a better kisser than anyone he'd ever kissed before.

I then reached down his pants and started jerking him off. Again, no negative reaction. He asked me, "What if someone sees", and I asked him if he wanted to go around the back instead. He said yes, so we did and we laid down on the grass and continued to make out.
    Not long after, I pulled his pants down (we were both already shirtless), and asked him if he wanted a blowjob. He said yes, and so I proceeded. While I was giving him head he kept telling me things like... "I didn't think I'd be saying this, but I'm really enjoying this" and "How are you so good?"

I sat up to kiss him some more and well.... he flipped me over and take over! He started to blow me and then we were taking turns on each other, blowjob, handjob, and kissing.
    Unfortunately, we were interrupted by a close friend (he didn't realise what he were doing) and didn't get to finish, and we both went back to the party with the other friend.
    We talked about it the next morning when we had sobered up a little. We both apologised but he said he actually enjoyed it. He told me had told one of his close friends that he thought he was bisexual (I told him "you're not bisexual, you're drunk").

In the car ride back to my house the next night, I joking told him that my feelings for another guy made him jealous and he denied it, once again saying that he was straight. Since then things have felt a little awkward between us. Whenever I try to bring it up, he sort of steers clear of the topic as if he wants to avoid it.

Do you think he's straight or bisexual? How should I go about talking to him about this and resolving the awkwardness here? Any help is much appreciated.

Tl;dr: My straight best friend and I have a really close platonic relationship. We went to a party together and got drunk. We made out and ended up giving each other a blowjob/handjob. He said he really enjoyed it and that I was the best kisser he's ever kissed (said when he was drunk) but told me he was straight the next day.
    Do you think he's straight or bisexual? How should I go about talking to him about this and resolving the awkwardness here? Any help is much appreciated.

2. Well, he's clearly not straight! But forget the labels for a minute - you're clearly into each other and you've got something special going on.

Get over the awkwardness & enjoy it.

3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Keep being friends with him, don't try to force the subject, and let things happen.

--Advice from a Jewish Jew :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. MilansMele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is terrific advice.

At this point, don't over-analyze.

Good luck!

5. jazzcourse

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    As a repressed closet case who has no one to roll in the grass with, I resent this LMFAO :slight_smile:

I agree with everybody above. I had a very similar incident happen to me; talking about it and forcing conversations is not the way to go. Just be yourself.

Awkwardness is very contagious, so just try to breath and be as comfortable and cool headed as possible around him, which will be contagious as well. This will help him relax into his feelings for you hopefully. One does not give handy j's behind a shed without there being some inclination outside the straight box.

Wishing you all the best and luck dealing with this- sounds like you guys have a strong connection which is great :slight_smile:

6. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think maybe hes just horny?

7. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with what everyone else said just don't talk about it and just see what happens between the two of you.

8. MMF

MMF

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I agree with this but also he mentioned that they have a pretty good bromance which is pretty gay if you ask me or maybe he's just way too comfortable with his sexuality being straight but I don't think that's the case.

9. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    true but maybe hes using the bromance as kickstarter to get laid? alot of str8 maes befriend girls to get laid after.

10. WishingOnAStar

I think you both have something really special . Drunk actions are just real thoughts that your to afraid to act on when sober. I say sober up and get him alone so that you can either talk or see if a kiss is more real without drinking... yes? Good luck:*

11. ornoir29

Well, sex feels good, especially if you do it with a person you like and you're comfortable with. Always remember that a person can be bisexual but exclusively homo-romantic or hetero-romantic. Maybe your friend feels like exploring male-to-male sex, but he's romantically only into girls. Or maybe he's slowly finding out he's bi or gay.

Don't force anything and do not hope he will suddenly turn gay and share his life with you. If it happens, it happens.

12. robclem21

Great advice here. This was basically the path I took through my entire high school life.

13. confused1234

So he's told both you and another friend that he thinks he might be bisexual. People don't exactly say that on a whim. He's obviously thought a lot about it.

He's also kissed you and sucked your dick and said he enjoyed it. These are not things a straight guy would do or say. But he's probably also having trouble coming to terms with his sexuality.

What you should do next really depends on what you want out of this. Do you want a more intimate relationship with him? If that's the case, you should probably have a candid conversation with him. Don't confront him about his sexuality, but make it clear that you are confused by his behavior. Don't push him too much, but make it clear where you stand.

On the other hand, if you just want things to go back to normal, I would advise you not to bring up the drunken hookup again. Just be there as a friend to support him. He's probably struggling with some stuff right now.

14. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hahahah.... he aint straight....

Anyway, just kiss him next time you two are alone together... see what happens :slight_smile:
    It makes me really happy to hear about guys like this who are open to sexual diversity.

Good luck :slight_smile:

15. emkorora

emkorora Guest

First and foremost, I wholeheartedly thank you for putting a tl;dr section. By doing that, I felt compelled to read the entire thread.

I think the only question that needs to be asked is this. Do you believe alcohol consumption reveals or distorts who we are?

From there, you can know whether these events constitute your friend's bisexuality or heterosexuality. Which would lay a path for you to follow, afterwards.

16. King

He has told you that he thinks he is bisexual, has feelings for you and has engaged in sexual contact with you. He is definitely not straight and appears to have feelings for you.

'WhiteShadows' message is helpful, you could just kiss him next time your alone together and see what happens. Being drunk causes people to display their true feelings, emotions, views and thought processes that normally they would not convey due to a number of reasons, including shyness and embarrassment. Maybe now you have had the encounter he will not be afraid for more, it is probably easier to ask him.

17. Meagan

This sort of relationship is completely natural for men. Even though the talk of it was more private, men have been telling each other that they loved each other and having forms of intercoarse since the beginning of mankind itself. It is only recently that this has been made no longer acceptable. There is also evidence of several other animals having homosexual tendencies. Mankind is probably a bisexual species, and we just haven't realized it yet.

18. Destiel

I wouldn't worry about labels so much as others have said before. There might be some stuff going on with him, and I have no doubts its hard for you right now, but I'd say let him sort it out. I wouldn't push the subject too much if he's that uncomfortable with it. He may be bi or anything else, but right now I'd just be a good friend to him. He might be going through a lot right now, realizing he and his friend just gave each other head, so I'd just be a good friend to him and let him figure himself out.

In my personal opinion regarding his sexuality, I can pretty much guarantee he isn't completely heterosexual, considering he's even admitted he thinks he's bi. Let him figure it out and be as supportive as you can!

Hope this helped! (*hug*)

#18 Destiel, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  19. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with what everyone else is saying. It seems obvious to me that he has feelings for you, but is too nervous to accept it or to try and initiate things again. Definitely stay friends though! Sometimes you just have to let time do the work for you! Good luck!