1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I tell my friend?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by artist92, Mar 5, 2014.

1. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, so I have a coworker who I get along with really well. She has become a good friend, but I don't know her all too well. The problem is that, she likes me a LOT. At first I thought that maybe I was only imagining it. I always catch her looking at me, staring, or smiling a lot when I'm around. Whenever I turn to face her though, she quickly turns around, but that doesn't fool me. Lately, other coworkers have told me that it looks like she has a crush on me. Now, nobody but my family and one friend knows I am gay. I am not comfortable yet with coming out completely, because I am trying to start my own business, and am afraid it would hurt it to come out now. But, I also don't want this girl to waste her time by having a crush on me. I'd be lying if I said she wasn't a beautiful person, because she is. I just don't find girls attractive in a romantic/sexual way though. I however, am flattered that she finds me to be good looking. What should I do to avoid losing a friend?:confused:

2. Kreiger

It might be best to tell her, but it is possible to let her down easy without coming out, especially since it hasn't gone beyond friendship or anything. Since she's developed an attraction to you, you are going to end up hurting her feelings, but its not your fault this happened, so just make sure you do what's best for you, and just try to be gentle when you tell her its not gonna happen.