1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me! I told my other best guy friend that I was bisexual and he betrayed me!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Karl99, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Karl99

I told my friend Sean that I was bi. We're 13.At first he told me he was okay with it. Then after, he suddenly goes off telling my other best friends that i'm bi. I think he expects to ruin me by doing that. He's probably jealous because I get A LOT of girls and he doesn't get atleast 1. I hate him now so freaking much. He tells me about his mythical girlfriend all the time. I know she's mythical because I haven't seen atleast a sign of her since he told me about her. Plus He's very ugly outside AND inside. He's the scum of the earth and must be allowed to die! Because of what he did, he turned my heart to stone when it comes to him. When I found out about him telling, I freaked out. I cried, I physically abused myself, banging my head against the table etc. I was so SCARED that it would spread and people would be disgusted by me. I was so scared and sad that there was nothing that could hurt me more than the emotional and mental pain I was witnessing. I wanted to end it all by killing myself, but I couldn't. Sean told them, and I ran as far as I could from them. I became a recluse. Then I came crawling back to them EXCEPT Sean. When I came back, no one ever spoke of me being bi, or atleast a hint of their reation to me bing bi, as if they didn't know. Fortunately my secret didn't spread :icon_bigg. My other best friend told me Sean backstabs me by calling me gay. Sean's a loser he doesn't have much friends and is pretty much nothing without me. HE SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT TWICE BEFORE BETRAYING MY TRUST! Right now i'm continuing my happy life and forgot he ever existed. This is actually the first time I ever spoke about him since IT happened. Now I can't avoid teasing him in public and being a bully to him.............He's now very quiet and won't apologize to me. I want him to apologize to me face to face. He would avoid me whenever he can. My other best friend told me that he said that he was afraid of me. I am actually a really kind guy and friend, but he did something that ultimately led me HATING HIM SO DAMN MUCH! Sorry if I sound so bad. You wouldn't think i'm bad if you realize the gravity of my situation. What should I do about him? What are your thoughts about him? Should I forgive him? Should I continue to lock him away from my life? To think he told them about it and still came out happy betraying me, until I came back >:slight_smile: :help: your help will be much appreciated thanks! :icon_bigg

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whoa, whoa, whoa. Relax.
    What Sean did wasn't out of the ordinary. At your age, gossiping is all people are concerned about. "Who?! Did what?!"
    When someone your age feels like they have some important information (like your sexuality) and you tell them not to tell other people, the hardest thing to do is not tell anybody. And so he did. Totally normal. I'm sure everyone has spoiled their fair share of secrets. :slight_smile:

What matters is how you are now. You've said that life is continuing as normal. Nobody found out, nothing is going horribly wrong. No terrible consequences stemmed from what Sean did.
    I think you should forgive him.

Forgive him because, in the whole scheme of things, what happened is not a big deal. It feels like it's a big deal because you constantly think about it, but it's not really affecting how you're living your life now. If you stop thinking about it, you'll realize that it's not such a big deal.

Don't shun him from your life. Everybody needs friends. But maybe think twice before telling him another secret? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Simple Thoughts

Oh dear -.-'

Well I understand your feeling of betrayal. When I was 14 my brother decided to play 'Let's go through my brother's computer and invade his privacy' which is how he found out I wasn't exactly straight -.-'

Anyways, yeah it sucks when you want to trust someone so you offer them a piece of yourself and they use that trust as a weapon against you. It does suck, and it hurts a lot. For me it made me feel unable to trust anyone, and still in so many ways I have trouble trusting people. I just can't bring myself to that point anymore *sighs*

As for your behavior...shame on you *gives you a motherly scolding* Since when is a wrong made right with another wrong? Never, that's when. I understand that you feel hurt and betrayed, but you can't let yourself sink to the level of people like that. It's bad to treat anyone like that. Especially because you said this boy doesn't have a lot of friends and that you bully him. That's a very negative way to handle things, and you may very well be pushing him into taking the type of action that will leave you feeling guilt for the rest of your life. You need to stop that behavior, bullying doesn't solve problems it creates them.

Should you forgive him? It depends honestly. First off you need to talk to him. I know it sounds crazy, but you need to get his attention and get him to talk to you. Tell him that you felt betrayed about what he did and more than that tell him that you're sorry about the way you reacted to him after. Now, if he offers you an apology back then maybe you can even rebuild that lost friendship, but if he doesn't apologize move on. Stop bullying him either way, and show him that you can be the bigger person ^^

4. Karl99

This is actually my first time bullying someone so......okay.
    Simple Thoughts i'm just so angry you know. Sorry about that.
    I WAS the bigger person back then........but.......
    Okay i'm gonna be THAT person again.
    I WILL!

And TJ, GREAT tip I think our friendship will inevitibly find it's into fixing itself, maybe because of some unavoidable situation where we have to talk to each other.
    For now I'll try to talk to him.............if I can though.
    If I can't, I know somehow we'll end up talking so......I'll just wait for that lol

5. Simple Thoughts

It's alright. You don't need to apologize to me about it. I said I understood how you felt, and I get why you'd react that way. It's okay to feel hurt, and it's okay to feel a need to get even with someone. You just have to remember there are more important things in life, and better ways to handle a problem.

I have faith in you, you'll know what the right thing to do is ^^

6. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Please don't bang your head. If you absolutely need to hurt yourself, try to redirect it to a different self-harm rather than head-banging.

It doesn't seem like it, but banging your head is actually quite dangerous. You could give yourself a concussion if you hit too hard, and even a mild concussion can cause permanent damage. Multiple concussions add up over time, causing post-traumatic encephalopathy (also known as being 'punch drunk') in some people. Also, banging your head on a regular basis for a long time can cause a detached retina, which can make you blind.