1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with friends who are exes

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Poe, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Poe

Poe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I need advice.

My partner and I have known each other for eight years. We have only been in a relationship for seven months, but its been a long time coming if that makes sense.

When we first met I was with someone (I was in a relationship that was coming to a close-not that it makes it right) and she was with someone but we fooled around heavily until I moved off to live with my new girlfriend at the time. Or so I thought. She informed me when we first started dating that we did in fact have sex numerous times back then. I do not remember this but back then I was always either drunk, high, or a combo of both (completly clean now) and she wouldn't lie about that and I don't doubt that I was willing no matter my state of mind, we have alwaya had an intense sexual attraction.

Her best friend is my ex (the girl I was with when we first met) and I become close with her ex (the girl she was with back then). We are all still friends, recently our exes have started asking if anything went on between us back when we were with them and while they know we kissed and "harmlessly" flirted back then they don't know about the sex, so we dont know how to respond.

Her thing is leave it all in the past but I am weirdly against any lying at all and she knows that. Besides I'm a horrible liar and it makeS me nervous so I don't know what to do. Would it even matter since we ended up together anyway?

2. LostLaura

Out Status:
    A few people
    Personally, I think even though it has been so long ago the mere fact that they brought it up means it's still kind of a curiosity or thought in their mind. Even if you guys ended up together it might still bring up resentment. I'm no advocate of lying but sometimes telling the truth can open old wounds. Could try redirecting the conversation if it comes up...If they still bring it up after that then it must really bug them so imagine if they knew the truth.