1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't get over him

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lukeluvznicki13, Mar 8, 2014.

1. lukeluvznicki13

Hi guys :slight_smile:

So I have had a crush on my one friend for a longggg time. For about 10 months now come to think of it. Anyway, he is gay since he came out to me about it last year. I liked him before he even told me.

I have liked him for an incredibly long time now and I have tried my hardest to stop thinking about him and try to "get over" him. But I am battling to do so.

He does know that I like him and he said he just wants to be friends and I am happy with that but my feelings and attractions for him don't seem to be going away at all. I keep trying my hardest to think of other things and to focus on school work and other criteria instead of him but whenever he talks to me or if I see him, I still get that overwhelming feeling of being attracted to him.

I really don't know what to do and I was wondering if it is possible for you guys to provide me with advice on what I should do.

Many thanks :slight_smile: (*hug*)

2. Beantown

Beantown Guest

I think creating some distance might do something since you'll get use to not being around him all the time and maybe then your feelings would lessen?

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Try finding others to divert your feelings, especially those who seem to more willing to reciprocate.

4. KazTastic

If you start thinking of him, try to think of his flaws, as well as the reasons why it wouldn't work out.

It's helped me so many times.