1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to meet him.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Skov, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Skov

Hey everyone.

So, I met a different guy on an app (not a hookup one). He seems pretty cool and we snapchat each other, are Facebook friends, and all that ish, so I know he's not a catfish. Anyways, he seems super into me. I like him. We like similar things. The problem is that he lives 70 miles away.

I know that it isn't that far away. He only goes to school far away (70 miles). His family is still living in a suburb of the Twin Cities which is where I live. I want to meet him, but I have no idea how I would bring it up without sounding incredibly creepy. I'd be willing to drive down and visit for an afternoon, or maybe he'll come home over break soonish? I just don't know how to bring it up.

Any thoughts?

2. Diego89

How long have you two been talking?

I don't think it would sound creepy if you just suggest it would be nice to meet in person during the break. Just throw it there and depending on how he reacts you can start working on the way to make it happen.

And if he really is that into you he will jump to the first chance to meet you.

Good luck and let us know what happened!

3. StephenSC

I think if you've been friends for long enough asking to meet him wouldn't be that creepy at all. Just delicately raise the topic of meeting, going out for lunch or to see a movie or something at sometime and see how he responds. Don't let fear hold you back!

(Maybe you could tell him you'll be in his area (for another reason) and will have some spare time to catch up if your worried about being so direct with it)

Though I don't want to be that guy, obviously meet publicly first!
    Have fun, be safe, good luck. = )

4. jonnemack

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Set a date someday. If you guys have a lot in common, try to be friends with him, get into know him better before trying to meet him. It's a only suggestion.

Now... What the name of this app? Is it safe? Can I have it on Windows Phone? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Skov

Thanks for the advice everyone. We've only been talking a few weeks, but the problem is that I know if we continue to just talk from a distance, one of us is going to get bored.

And the app isn't on Windows Phone. I'm also pretty sure I'm not allowed to say the name