1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My heart is an idiot and my brain is getting sucked into it.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ThisIsTheKenneth, Mar 9, 2014.

1. ThisIsTheKenneth

Out Status:
    All but family
    So here's what's happening:
    I have this really awesome friend. Let's call him W. W, as I have mentioned, is awesome. We've known each other since August-ish and became really good friends. So of course my idiot heart decided to do the whole "fall for straight friend" thing which sucked. I was in the process of making myself to not feel like that (with minimal success), when we were talking one day and he mentioned that he was [mostly straight but could see himself dating a guy. So my hopes shot right back up and the slow progress I'd made in forcing myself to not have romantic feelings for him were squashed. Now, I was fine until he found out that I liked him. The only thing he said was that I need to get my eyes checked, "You've met me, haven't you?" I told him he didn't want to know about it and he said "It's weird but aldhldjfldhsj..." then trailed off. This was during lunch and for the rest of the day I felt weird around him because he knows. This happened on Friday and since then I've gotten ridiculously anxious about the situation, convinced that he hates me now or something which I know isn't true, but keep thinking anyway. I have not been able to eat much and can't sleep. My stomach feels like it has furious, flame-throwing butterflies in it and I wish I could just force my brain to shut up with all of it's hopeful crap. There's a 0.000000000000000001 chance that he'd ever like me. Does anyone have any advice?