1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay FTM Relationship Woes

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AbendrothX, Mar 9, 2014.

1. AbendrothX

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Here's the rundown: pre-hormones (working on that!), pre-op, gay transman who is mildly intersexed = Yours truely

Currently I am single, though I do have an older (10 years!) cisgendered gay friend from Texas who has expressed interest. He knows I'm FTM but I'm not certain where this will go. We've been talking for four months and while both of us are adamant we take things slow before declaring ourselves a couple, there have been more than a few mutual messages/emails/texts that make it clear there IS a spark of sorts. We've agreed to wait as long as we need before we are ready to take things to warp speed level - boyfriend.

Now, I'm an admittedly pessimistic guy who operates as "prepare for the worst, hope for the best", in spite of two years (and counting) of therapy. I've been dumped, cheated on and outright rejected so many times in my life that I am very cautious about getting my hopes up. It's been four years since I had a boyfriend, yet part of me is determined to keep me from even thinking of this relationship lasting. Honestly, though. I love him deeply.

:dry: Damn these "feelings" :bang:

2. Nick07

Welcome to the forums :slight_smile:
    And good luck with the current relationship!

3. AbendrothX

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's a bit stressful, I'm not very accustomed to putting my hope in a romantic relationship or even starting one because all of mine have inevitably failed.