1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So this girl....

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Envira, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Envira

I'm a dancer, and last year I was accepted into a pre-professional company. One of the girls in this company was "A". We became close friends right away and she ended up coming out to me as bisexual. At this point, I had been questioning for a few months, but I wasn't sure of anything, so I didn't say anything.

Well, it's been about a year, and I'm 100% sure of the fact that I'm lesbian. The thing is, I haven't told her. And we're still friends. But I'm falling for her. Really hard. I swear that every time I see her, all I want to do is wrap her in my arms and kiss her forever. I want her to be mine, but that possibility can't exist until I come out to her.

So, yesterday, she was telling me about how most of her close friends are not straight. And she named a couple, and all the while I was thinking about how I should just pipe in and say that I was one less straight friend. I've been wanting to tell her for a few months, but for some reason I can't ever do it. I have this weird need to always come out in person, but I'm not sure if I can this time. Would it be okay if I wrote a letter? I really can't hide this anymore, at least, not the fact that I'm gay. :confused:

2. laurenc

laurenc Guest

yes it would be okay to write a letter,many people come out to others through letters.sometimes its easier to say what you have to say because if you write it and want to edit what you wrote you can but if you come out in person you can not edit what has already been said

3. Envira

I just feel like it's really impersonal. But it's the only way I'm going to be able to do it.

4. Niko

Letter is perfectly fine. I wrote a letter to my best friend when I came out to her. Just explain to her in the letter that the reason why you wrote it instead of saying it in person, is because you're really nervous about it all and what not. I'm sure she'll understand.

5. laurenc

laurenc Guest

I understand completly, its hard to come out for many and its even harder in person ,I personally am not out to anyone I know in person because I know I will be rejected for being trans