1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hear my mom and her boyfriend having sex every time he comes over

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MtnFr3sh, Mar 9, 2014.

1. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah... My room is right next to hers, and the walls are pretty thin. I try to ignore it, I really do. I'm usually playing videogames with my headset on and the TV muted, but I can still hear... I Try to do something else to keep my brain occupied but UGH. I don't CARE it's just that actually hearing it is just, I mean, not EW, but disturbing. I don't want to hear that...

I don't really know what to do about this. I ignored it, then, I heard the headboard..... Just, help me... I wish I had earplugs

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow...that just SUCKS...

Can you go for a walk when he comes over or something?

3. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    A walk at night? Like 2 in the morning?

4. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    maybe you should buy earplugs.

5. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What Jacob said.

6. PurpleGrey

Ugh, I know exactly what you're talking about. My mom and stepdad go at it every night, and a lot of the time, I'm watching Netflix in the living room, and they know it. I've asked mom to lay a towel or something under their door to muffle things, but she won't. Not that it would make much of a difference. Walls are thin.

7. Oh wow, that has to be uncomfortable...
    Can you talk to your mom about it? Like just say, it's not gross or anything mom, but I just get really uncomfortable that I can hear you guys together.

8. Alexander69

I'm so lucky I never heard my parents my room was at the other end but try telling her embarrass her that's what I would do. I'd say "have a good time" and if she says yes say "I know i heard"

9. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's quite disrespectful to make it that obvious when your kids or houseguests are over, just like it's disrespectful to have sex loudly in your parents' house. How do you think she'd feel if you came home with a boyfriend and said to your mom, "He and I are having sex tonight, so whatever you're watching, turn it up."

There is such a thing as sex etiquette, and just because she's your mom/older than you/owns the house doesn't exempt her from it, and she needs to learn that. We all have to learn that, and it never, ever stops. Even after we're not doing it in the college dorm anymore and the kids are grown and moved out of the house, there's still the neighbors next door who wouldn't appreciate being woken up every night. (This is actually a real problem: 68% of New York City residents say they've heard their neighbors going at it; only 12% have ever said anything)

So yes, you should say something. How to make it not awkward, that I can't help you with.

#9 AwesomGaytheist, Mar 9, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  10. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would definitely make an investment in ear plugs or something. I'd be absolutely mortified if I heard my parents having sex in another room. So it's usually at night, huh? I would say GI for a walk, but that doesn't seem to be an option. I'd maybe try getting ear plugs and try playing a game loudly or listening to really loud music, with the ear plugs in as well.

11. ThePhoenix

I had this problem when I visited my mom and her BF at their 1 bedroom APARTMENT, good for her but I don't want hear it. I actually hinted at the fact that I can hear everything and that these walls are super thin and that is as far as the conversation went and the problem seemed to stop so maybe just hint at it or get headphones.

12. Neko Daemon

I've heard my mum and her whichever-guy-it-is-now's loudness while having sex together or so on so many times... I try to just put on headphones and listen to music full volume, WHILE being on a different floor or side of the house. Still heard it. I even brought it up and told her to wait until I'm out of the house, or to wait until one of those nights when they will leave the house without warning just to get drunk and do something stupid again, even. -_-

I mean, fine. Have sex, just don't let your kids hear it. I don't like when they completely ignore the fact that I'm right there. They don't even do it while I'm asleep or something most of the time, although once I did wake up to hearing that and couldn't fall back asleep after it. WORST MORNING EVER! >-<

So, believe me. I understand. ;-;

#12 Neko Daemon, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  13. setnyx

try turning up the volume on the video game, if she calls you on it, tell her it bothers you.

14. Lil Shorty

Omg I accidentally walked in on my parents and she will call me while they are doing it

15. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you have to, yeah...

16. C P

C P

This is something I would recommend as well if it's bothering you too much. You don't have to necessarily go for a walk through town or the woods but maybe a stroll through your yard or whatever. Just enough away so you don't have to hear it.

17. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That or you could be wicked passive aggressive and when you hear them go in to your mums room pretend to be aggressively masturbating...you know, scream an orgasm into the wall, just to prove how easy it is to hear...

I mean probably best NOT to do that, but it's an option :grin:

18. jazzcourse

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    One of the best life lessons I have learned:

Asking people, explaining things to people, or pleading with them to change things rarely works. They need to ACTUALLY EXPERIENCE the unpleasant thing they are inflicting on others before they will change.

For example: my brother was a noisy jerk at night and would wake all of us up. We asked, pleaded, and eventually yelled at him to be considerate. Nothing. Then we decided to systematically wake him up EVERY time he was sleeping. He stopped all of his rude behavior immediately. It was like magic. Fire with fire, they say!

I know this is hard and/or different because it's your mom, but I think its time to give her a taste of her own medicine. People who screw loudly next to their family members are immature. Like Helixa said, it is pretty easy with a little diligence to have plenty of sex without having to do it in earshot of your immediate family. Gross.