1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guy friend won't move on.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Idris, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Idris

Out Status:
    Some people
    My guy friend is poly and is seeing two girls currently. I stayed at his place because I needed a healthy environment with my upcoming graduation and senior project required my focus. But somehow, it reignited his seven year old crush on me. I am currently in a relationship with a great girl and we've been seeing each other for almost a month. I really like her and this is probably the happiest I've been in a while. I finally found a great girl who reciprocates my feelings and it's making me realize how very little I am into guys. Currently I identify more as a lesbian and I'm starting to feel really comfortable with the label. At one point he kept trying to convince me to join his triad because he noticed how well we all get along. I said no, as I only see him as a friend and second, I like being monogamous. But even though he says he's okay with everything and wants to help me discover who I am(he's one of my few supportive friends I have) there were times where I felt like he was trying to come on to me.

My girlfriend was concerned, and I told her that I sensed it too and was equally as concerned, and after I returned home(which I am currently at) I was going to try and put space between him and I because I felt he was pushing his feelings on me when he knew full well that I wasn't interested and was never really going to really be, and saw him more as a friend. That and I'm clearly taken. I felt so bad because I felt like I was leading him on and I want my girlfriend and I to work. He's started to back off but not enough. How do I put space between him and I so that way he doesn't interpret everything the opposite? I blame myself for not seeing it fast enough, but I have a mild case of Aspergers and I don't always pick up on those cues.

#1 Idris, Mar 9, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014