1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate being innocent

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Skov, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Skov

(Disclaimer) This is pretty much going to be a rant.

I hate being so innocent. The guy that I like just asked about my history with guys which is nonexistent. Although he didn't say anything negative regarding my lack of experience, I just feel so behind and I feel like it is a really unattractive quality. The fact that I've never done anything with a guy and I'm 20 makes me feel like I am such a turn off to guys not in like a physical way, but in a way where I feel like they will think, "He's 20 and never done anything. I don't want to be his teacher."

I don't know if anyone gets what I mean, but I just hate it. I don't want to just get some from a random guy (which I know I easily could), I want it to be with someone that cares about me. However, I feel like my lack of experience will just be such a turn off to someone who would actually care about me that it would scare them away. I realize this sounds stupid as I type it out, but it's honestly how I feel.

I really don't know why I made this thread considering he didn't say anything bad about it all, but if anyone has thoughts feel free to share them.

2. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    All I can say is I have the same fear and I'm seven years older than you...I don't think 20 is too unusual.

I'm sure it can make for a few awkward moments or conversations, but anybody worth being in a relationship with will be understanding and see past that as in reality it's a very minor roadblock. At least that's what I'm hoping. =/

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

It annoys me how our society places too much importance on sexual experience. It's okay to value sex, but when inexperienced people are made to feel ashamed, that's a bigger problem.

I may not share the same sentiment because I'm rather proud that I'm still sexually inexperienced and never did anything with anyone just to fit the societal pressures and say I did it so people would like me. We all have to worry about when the right time and place to do it is. It's okay to have sex, but It's also okay to be inexperienced because your time will come.

I've definitely been shamed of my lack of experience by potential partners. Instead of getting upset, I just felt like they would have made crappy excuses for partners anyway, so why even try to impress them? A GOOD partner will respect you and help you learn, and trust me when I say there are guys out there like that.

4. lameo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Don't feel bad, we are all innocent at one point or another!

5. Beantown

Beantown Guest

Never saying no helped me. I say no now and I'm pretty sure it's going to close up because it's been almost a month.

#6 Beantown, Mar 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2014
  6. ThePhoenix

I am 2 years older than you and haven't even kissed or did anything with anyone you shouldn't be ashamed by it, no one should. I want to have those experiences but when I'm ready so don't feel bad there are plenty of people who would understand and may have even been in your shoes. So don't stress over it it will happen when it happens and when your ready,everyone goes at their own pace and were at one point inexperienced as you.

7. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Imagine being in this position at the age of 43. Personally, I don't have to imagine. It's the story of my life...

That said...I do think there is something to be said for waiting for the right person. I personally don't know that I'd insist on Mr. Right Forever in my case. But I refuse to do a one night hookup off some cell phone app...

8. setnyx

it's refreshing to know that there is so many inexperienced people out there. you're definitely not alone. someone who's looking for more than a hookup will most likely be glad you haven't slept around.

9. Idris

Out Status:
    Some people
    Trust me, you're not alone. I didn't start dating until I was 21, and didn't get my first kiss until 24. I still feel somewhat inexperienced(especially sexually), and sometimes wish that I would have dated earlier, but then again, I think it was and is better I waited.

10. UK_guy

I'd just like to say you're not alone I hadn't done anything till a year ago and I've just turned 24, also just take things at your pace and don't feel pressured into just having to do anything you don't want to do.

11. Lil Shorty

Being innocent is not a bad thing. I wish I was still innocent. Sometimes when you are way past innocent it can be very unattractive. All in all I find the innocent to be very attractive.

12. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, I'm 24 and didn't lose my virginity until two years ago, and there are others who have their first experience much later. Almost everyone who rushes it ends up regretting it later on, just about.

And like someone else said, if someone isn't willing to be patient and understanding with you, they're NOT the right person. It's not you who is at fault for being inexperienced, but a society that is so obsessed with "growing up" before you're ready.

13. You're certainly not alone in this so don't feel silly or ashamed as there's nothing to feel bad about. Just be yourself and don't rush into anything you don't feel comfortable in doing right away. :slight_smile:

14. Boyfriends

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My boyfriend is super pumped to get to 'train' me.

I think I understand your concern about it, but I think a lot of guys would like having someone new to be with because we're like a blank slate - of course it might be a bit draggish for them at first since they'll want to get right down it and you and I will just kind of have to stop and question what's happening, but it can be fun.

I actually find inexperience to be an endearing trait. Then again, I have almost no experience so that might change but who knows.

Just don't worry about it - think of it this way. Eventually, you're going to meet someone and you're not going to be inexperienced anymore. That's really the only way to look at it, right? So don't stress about it! He would have been a virgin at some point too.

15. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i hate it too ! my cousins are decitful nd more clever than i am :frowning2:

16. IsThisAName

You're not alone. I'm 20 and I haven't even had my first kiss yet except for a kiss on the cheek. I have close friends who have done a lot more than me and a lot of them tell me they wish they'd waited and were in my situation. Everyone is different and you will get experience with time too, but if you want to wait for the right person then you're doing what you feel is right for you and there's nothing wrong with that! I'm probably going to do the same. Sure it feels awkward and annoying sometimes but nothing to be ashamed of.

17. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you're not alone. i didn't kiss a girl until i was 15. i didn't start dating until I was 16. i didn't have sex until i was 18. so try not to worry because it's normal for some of us to be a little late on certain things.

18. Skov

Thanks for the advice and thoughts everyone. I'm glad to know I'm not alone. I know I shouldn't feel the way I do, but unfortunately I do.

19. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

I'm 18 and I have never kissed anyone. So, don't care about it, if a person doesn't respect you, it means they doesn't deserve your love and your kindnesses.

#20 FireSmoke, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2014