1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best friend?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Karabeara, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Karabeara

So I have this friend and we go over to each others house every weekend. She's always posting stuff on her Facebook about how we're like sisters but the thing is I don't really feel that way. She really annoys me sometimes and I just don't think of her like a sister. Sometimes I have lots of fun with her and I feel like I can trust her but its not like I would want to be her roommate when were in college or anything. Also I had this friend a few years ago and we were like sisters I felt I could tell her anything I would have lived with her if I could. But then I moved and she moved and I moved back and were only an hour away but we just don't hang out that much. So an I just holding everyone to her standard or is the first girl just not like a sister to me. I feel guilty every time she says we're like sisters because a little in my head says I don't feel like that! What should I do?

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't take it too seriously. Don't sweat the small stuff.
    It sounds like she thinks you're a fantastic friend, and there's nothing wrong with that. Take it as a sign that you're doing something right. :slight_smile:

There's nothing wrong with her feeling close to you. She might just need a close friend.

Personal experience:
    Thinking back to being your age and younger, I know how you feel. You want to tell someone that you're not their friend as much as they think you are. I never knew why I wanted to tell someone that, but there's just something about it.
    Whenever I told someone that we weren't as good friends as they thought, I felt bad afterward.

There's no real reason to tell her, or feel bad that she feels that way.
    Just be her friend. :slight_smile:

3. Beantown

Beantown Guest

I feel bad for your friend only cause I have bad experiences with best friends who'd all eventually leave me, like I dated people longer than how long best friends stayed with me. If you're already detached I guess from her you'd probably have to stop being so close and somehow let her feel like she's the one who decided to not be so close. Like you can still be friends right?