1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I just do something really antisocial?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by UIOP, Mar 10, 2014.

1. UIOP

Hi. I eat my lunch in a canteen every day and today I had just finished my lunch and was about to get up and leave when a friend of mine came over and sat near where I was sitting. He had just come back from a weekend away (as in literally just came back with his bags and everything). Having finished my lunch, I went home and did some work that I needed to get done.

Is it antisocial to have just left as soon as my friend arrived? I'm not really very good with people so any opinions would be super duper :thumbsup:

2. Lil Shorty

I wouldn't say that was antisocial it is just you had work to do.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Since you're posting this, you're probably feeling some regret. Did you talk to your friend or at least say hi? You could make it up to him and say you were busy and now want to ask about his trip.

4. UIOP

Yeah, I did feel a bit of regret. He sat down next to me, I said 'hi' and immediately got up to leave. It's quite funny when I think about it actually :eusa_doh: You're right, I should probably talk to him. Thanks :slight_smile:

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd own it. Otherwise he might assume you were upset with him or didn't want to be seen with him or something. And by owning it, that will probalby have the effect of strengthening your friendship further, because he will know you made the effort to make things right.