1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Religions Are our own decision

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Lil Shorty, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Lil Shorty

So I have had a bible thrown at me just because of my religion. So what im a Satanist leader idc what other people think it is about me not them and quite throwing your beliefs at me idc what religion you are or what religion you think I should be. Anyone else having these problems? Anyone have advice?

2. Tongue Flicker

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I was born and raised as a muslim. When i moved to another country a few years back, i got myself to attend different religions but i ended up being an atheist instead lol. Hate how people treated me when i was younger just because of my religion, to make matters worse the bombings happened @_@

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Because I'm a child of Indian immigrants, many people assume I'm either Hindu or Muslim, which is annoying because I'm neither. For the most part, I try to stay away from really fundamentalist people.

4. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My parents are both atheist and never forced me to do anything religion-wise. And ever since I was a kid people have asked me what religion I am and I never had a very good answer for it. And people would just stare at me and not believe it. If I explained that I have a mix of Hindu, Muslim AND Christian grandparents they'd just look blank. For many people, not having a religion isn't something to poke fun at or try to change or anything. It's just bewildering. They don't understand how someone can possibly live without it. I've been asked "how is that possible?", out of genuine curiosity when I try to explain that I don't follow any religion in particular. It's a lot easier to explain now, but when I was younger a lot of people thought it was downright strange that I didn't follow any religion.

5. Cass

Actually, Christians have this issue too, believe it or not. Religion is a choice, and people should share their beliefs, but never FORCE it on anyone. I have atheists try and push their lack of religion at me too as well as Christians with other kinds of beliefs (Christianity being so diverse) , so i totally understand, and it sucks.
    It also sucks when someone generalizes you based on religion like Muslims are terrorists or Christians are bigots ect.
    Best advice i have is live and let live, do your best to ignore those who persecute you.

6. BelleFromHell

I feel ya. :astonished:
    I'm an agnostic atheist, and people always give me shit about it. I've had the bible thrown at me so many times; I lost count.
    I hate it when people judge me before they get to know me. There are both nice people and assholes of EVERY religious and secular group, but some Christians are too full of themselves to realize it.
    My advice is to just ignore them as much as you can. Stand up for yourself if you have to, but verbaly, not violently. (Unless they're being violent towards you, then it's fair game)

7. StubbieHolder

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm Agnostic and I think that anyone non-religious who pushes there non-beliefs on to others is a hypocrite. Being non-religious means following your own moral compass, meaning allowing someone to be religious if they think it is right. Honestly how can you be a fundamentalist in knowing nothing or not knowing?

8. Ravi-VIXX777

Sadly it's one of those topics that you talk to strangers that you will only meet once in your life. Just give them a reminder that you are remaining strong in your beliefs and that people cannot convince you. It's impossible to get away from.

9. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I was talking about this with my cousin's husband one day... he said that when going for random things like medical checkups and what not, he gets asked what religion he follows by the receptionists and he just tells them he's Hindu even though he's agnostic. If he tells them he's agnostic, either they look strangely at him or they ask him silly questions. So just to avoid all the nonsense he pretends to follow a religion so they can put it in his details on the record without being sidetracked and wasting time.

10. Lil Shorty

Thanks everyone it is just ridiculous that yesterday I had people printing pictures of crosses and throwing them at me and reciting bible verses it was just so annoying ad I almost got in a fight over it