1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He doesn't respond to my email anymore..

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by top4z, Mar 10, 2014.

1. top4z

top4z Guest

I've followed this forum for a while now and finally took the initiative to sign up... and I'm in the company of a problem..

I've been "out" for two years now but I have trouble to talk to people in RL / face to face so I took to the internet.... I found this guy who is really unusual and we have a lot in common (way more than I ever had with anyone else), we seemed to get a long fine, he would write me long emails and he would reply every 2nd day, he even talked about meeting one day to hang out, nothing "lovey dovey" just friendship... now he hasn't replied in over 2 and a half weeks & I'm wondering if I did something wrong or if it's common, I assume he just lost interest in my person? Because you'd think nowadays with emails on phones/tablets anyone would have at least 30 minutes one day to respond to someone?

Thanks for your insight.:help:

2. Tongue Flicker

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    He maybe just busy, lost his device or probably found love somewhere. Happened to me before.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, and welcome.

I can imagine that must hurt quite a bit if you were regularly communicating and he suddenly dropped off the face of the earth. I know what it's like to feel alone in not being able to be who you are in real life. It particularly sucks when people just stop responding.

I don't think you should assume that you did anything wrong in particular. He may have gotten busy, lost internet connection, gotten a job, found someone IRL, any number of things. It would be nice if he'd taken the time to tell you he's busy but a lot of people won't do that because it's uncomfortable for them and so they just avoid it completely... and on the Internet, there's no consequence so many people don't think anything of it.

Doesn't make it right, and it still hurts. I can imagine what it must feel like. We can't replace that connection for you, but we can do our best to be here and talk with you and give you a place to share your feelings and discuss what's going on for you. I hope you'll stick around so you'll have a chance to interact with the many wonderful people here :slight_smile:

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One challenge with online friendships is that it is very easy to let them fall by the wayside. When you see someone in person, the connection gets much stronger. I think the best thing is just to focus on the good memories and try to find others to talk to. It's hard, but that way you don't feel bitter.