1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One step backwards...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sasha Braus, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Sasha Braus

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yesterday, I finally came out to my mom...sort of. I told her that I'm not Muslim. She took it better than I thought she would, but then she said "I'm not in the mood for jokes, Zia."

She honestly thought I said that as a joke. I don't know if I should feel relieved or not because, later that night when I refused to pray because of my beliefs, she yanked the blankets off me and basically told me to leave her house that second since she wouldn't have any non-Muslims living in her house. Of course I prayed; what choice did I have? Today, she called my grandma and told her about my "doubts", and my grandma arranged for me to go visit her in Italy to purge these devilish thoughts. Mind you, this is all about my religion . Imagine if they found out I'm pansexual. I don't know what to do.

2. Moogie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel so sorry for you. You must be really careful around them, so they won't have a clue about your sexuality. Wait until you are on your own with telling them, so you won't have any serious troubles because of your coming out. I would suggest you to wait out, do all the religious things they want you to do and not bring the topic of your believes again. At least for some time. Wait until it will be less of a trouble. I hope it will work out fine for you :slight_smile:

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, you really need to find how you can be independent first. Besides, no one can really know who is a believer or not.

4. Sasha Braus

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Honestly, it's pretty hard to hide the fact that a person converted out of Islam simply because they wouldn't dress like a Muslim anymore. No more hijab, no long shirts and no more praying five times a day. It's a bit more obvious than, say, converting from Christianity to Buddhism. I appreciate the sentiment, though!

Also, as a follow-up, my grandma changed the destination from Italy to Somalia. Yeah... not a fun place to be gay.