1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turning Down Someone

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by artist92, Mar 10, 2014.

1. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's only been a week since I came out and I already know that one of the guys at my work is planning on asking me out tomorrow at work. One of my other coworkers informed me of his intention to ask me to dinner either tomorrow or soon. I do not get along with him however, because of his poor work ethic and his constant complaining. However, I do not want to hurt his feelings in any way. I have never been in a relationship or even asked to be in one so I have no idea how to word it that I'm not interested. Don't get me wrong, I am very flattered that he finds me attractive, but I'm not going to date only out of desperation. If I could get some helpful advice before then, I would appreciate it.

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe tell him you've only been out for a week and need a while to adjust? It seems kind of rushed on his part. Good luck, whatever you say :thumbsup:

3. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with HM03. That way he won't feel hurt and will hopefully be able to understand without having it be awkward.