1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused, Got to know a guy.. where now..

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Yuteno, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Yuteno

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So here's the situation,

I met a guy through a dating app back in January and we both got on really really well. We both go to the same uni and our student houses arent too far from each other. A few times he drunkenly messaged me saying he really really liked me and wanted to move onto facebook.

Eventually we did, we've been talking on facebook since early February. He wished me Happy Valentines day too.

We've both seen each other around our university town a few times/been really near and both said we ought to arrange to see each other soon.

He saw me the first time recently and told me he thought he had... I asked him whether he thought I was better or worse than he thought from the photos and he laughed it off and answered that he didnt think of me in that way.

We got onto talking about whether each other had spoken about the other to their housemates (we both live in student houses). He said he hadnt because it was just normal conversation online and didnt feel any need to speak to them and he probably wouldnt tell them in the future either.

So I'm rather lost! I really like this guy, we've been speaking online since start of January now, I've dropped hints to him and he's suggested on/off that he's interested. Am I reading the signs from him wrong? Have I left it too late?

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He might be closeted/uncertain and doesn't want others to know. There is always a danger in someone who talks with you online being uncomfortable in person. So, you might start slow and arrange a meeting somewhere where he won't feel afraid to be with you, like going for a movie.

It's only been 2 months, so don't get so worried. However, you might try to look for other guys if this seems to be getting nowhere in terms of real-life interactions.

3. Yuteno

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Turns out I was wrong! We spoke and despite our conversations, he really does only want to chat online! What a shame... Life goes on!