1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No one to love me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Fractals, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Fractals

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi,

I am not sure if this post is in the right place, but I am not really sure where to put it. I consider myself a bisexual trans man. I haven't come out or done anything about transitioning or anything like that though. Plus. I am older, 36. Yikes! I am really afraid that if I come out or try to transition or anything like that, that there isn't going to be anybody who would love an old bi trans man! I mean, seriously, talk about finding a needle in a haystack. Anyway, I guess I just feel like maybe I will never have anyone to love in that way, and there won't be anybody out there who ever loves me, and it hurts like crazy to feel that way, but maybe it is just a truth I have to live with. What do you all think? Is it possible to find someone who will love me for who I am, or do I just need to give up on the idea?

~Elliot

2. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Couldn't say anything in relation to the part about being trans, since I'm just bi/gay..
    but this:
    "there won't be anybody out there who ever loves me" in general, yeah I understand that part since I feel the same.

Doesn't hurt for me though (don't know why other than to say) I'm ok with being single.
    (and yeah I've given up, but thats my personal choice)

3. Nick07

I think that all your doubts are valid. Is it possible? Yes. Is it granted? No. Will you have it more difficult as trans? Yes. Is it worth it? You tell me :slight_smile:

On the other hand, only some couple (even cis) stay together till death. I wish every fairy tale didn't end with that quote. We are taught that way that that is the only solution that brings happiness.

4. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For every pot there's a lid, as my Dad's family would say.

5. setnyx

as the saying goes, when you least expect it...

6. Lil Shorty

I think everyone has a chance for finding love I wish you the best of luck!

7. Ruthven

I mean, why wouldn't you find love? I don't see how being in your 30s and also happenin to be trans rules you out in finding someone, cause there's nothing wrong with either of those things(same thing with being bi too). So dude, don't worry bout it. you'll find someone, lots of people do who are open to love basically.

I know I'll find someone, sure I get a little disheartened at the cis guys who wouldn't get with a trans guy. But I gotta remember that there's plenty of dudes, be they trans or cis, who are gonna be fine with me just like i'm gonna be fine with them.