1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I like this guy but I only know him from online

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by casper, Mar 12, 2014.

1. casper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay so I met this awesome guy on a gay dating app or something like that because it is not just for dating, you can just chat too but it is only for gay guys. Anyways, I met this guy on that app and we talked for an hour or so and then we exchanged phone numbers so we could talk on whatsapp but I don't know if he likes me as just a friend or that he maybe is interested in me as more then just a friend. After long consideration I asked him if he would want to meet me in real life some day. He said, yes I think that it would be really fun ( a bad translation from dutch but you know the message :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ), I was so happy that he wanted to meet me in real life and he even came up with a plan on when we could meet ( he doesn't live close by so we can't just meet any day). But now I don't really know if he likes me as just a friend or if he is interested in me... How can I ask him this without asking hahaha if you know what I mean :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: We only talk on whatsapp so I can't use any physical things to find out, any ideas, suggestions?

2. IcelandLover

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well the only way to know is meeting him! :slight_smile: I would suggest to be careful, you never know who you are really talking to these days.

3. casper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I really know it is him because I maybe kinda stalked his facebook already hahahaha

4. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is it possible that you can talk longer before you meet IRL?
    Talking more may give you more of an idea of his feelings toward you, and it also can give you more time to tell if something fishy is up, so you don't get hurt.

I'm no stranger to LDRs, like you saw my reply on your last thread, so if you do meet him, KEEP YOUR PARENTS/GUARDIAN INFORMED.
    They will want to be informed, and I wouldn't be surprised if they want to go with you.

Anyway - I suggest that you just keep texting. See if this is a guy you still like after a week or so, and then think about meeting.

Keep in mind that you're sixteen. You don't need to rush this at all. You have all the time in the world, and if you two do end up working out a relationship, you don't need to hurry.

5. casper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know I know :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: We won't meet any time soon I think ? And he is not dangerous, I know that for sure because we talked about the most innocent things like our gardens and our grandma's hahaha yeah I know really romantic :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: hahaha but I just love talking with him and he looks so cute in his pictures! And my mother knows I am talking with him, and of course all my friends who want to know everything we say to each other :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But I was just hoping someone could give me advice on what I could say to find out if he likes me too or that he is just interested in being friends. I don't want to look desperate so I am not going to ask, hey do you like me?

6. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it's almost guaranteed that he's either interested in you already or at the very least wants to meet with an open mind and see where that takes you. If he was only interested in being your friend I think he'd be pretty up-front with you both to avoid leading you on and to make sure he doesn't put himself into a really awkward situation.

I echo the advise to use caution (please at least meet in a public location), but take a chance and see what happens. :slight_smile:

7. casper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I also think he wouldn't take all the effort of coming to me If he wasn't interested. And yes of course we are meeting in public :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. casper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    okay so I am pretty sure he likes me too :grin: :grin: :grin: I said that I had signed up at the gym so I would look nicer and then he said, well then I will have to seduce you soon because I would love a muscled boyfriend :wink: To which I replied: Well that won't be a problem because you have seduced me already. And his reply was: Okay great :wink: so I guess he likes me too right? I mean, he is interested in me right?

9. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aye, I think it's a safe bet that he's interested. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Don't be too forward. I suppose that's all part of the flirting, but you have plenty of time. Don't rush into things, yatta yatta yatta, you know the drill.

10. casper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like him so much but I am trying to keep it cool :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I hope we will meet in person soon though!

11. IcelandLover

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Keep us posted kaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!?

12. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Seems pretty clear to me! Congrats and have fun! :slight_smile:

13. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds fine, just play it safe :wink:

14. casper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am going to ask him If he wants to meet on march 22, I am already nervous hahahaha

15. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    sounds great. Don't be too nervous! Let us know how it goes :slight_smile:

16. King

Hi Casper,

He seems very keen and I am excited for you. I do hope it all goes well.

I would try and speak to him on Skype or other video conferencing software so you know what he looks like and if he is being truthful about himself.

Also remember to meet in a public place, eg restaurant, cinema or town centre.

Make sure you tell your parents where you are going.

Take your mobile and make sure it is charged and has credit.

I am not trying to worry you, I am sure he is lovely. It is important just remember a few of the basic protocols for when meeting up with people from the internet.

17. casper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He said yes!!!!!!! We are going to meet each other on march 22 in a public place close to my home town :grin: But he said that I had to choose what we were going to do because he doesn't know the city where we are going to meet hahaha so any idea's on what we could do? Because lunching or something like that is so unromantic but I don't know what is appropriate for a first date?

18. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awesome! :grin: Lunch, walking around shops, talking, and getting ice cream sounds like 1) fun and 2) a good time length for a first date.

Other folks might have better suggestions.

Have fun! :eusa_danc

19. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That sounds perfect to me. If you're going to meet up mid-day lunch seems like an essential, and the rest allows you time to just chat and get to know each other better. And who doesn't love ice cream? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. King

Yay good for you!

Lunch sounds appropriate, and perhaps it could be followed by some time in game arcades, shops, walking in a park and the like.

Good luck.