1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i come out to my parents?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ChemicalDeity, Mar 12, 2014.

1. My parents are divorced and i live with my dad, but i haven't told either that i'm pansexual and genderqueer. My mother is a Jehovah's Witness, and believes homosexuality goes "hand-in-hand with beastiality, my dad is far more accepting of the LGBTQ community but i still don't want to tell him. I know I should probably tell them both, so how do i do it?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dad first. Always get the accepting one on your side first, at least that way if your mum goes insane your dad can back YOU up instead of making up his mind while one parent screams about you.

Why don't you want to tell him?

3. Claudette

Claudette Guest

I agree with Ellia, the more accepting one first, if you're afraid of your mother, take your sweet time with her, since you don't live with her

4. lordsnow

In whatever way feels right to you, here are a few suggestions. If you are the non-confrontational type you could send them an email or a letter if your old school. Another option is to gather them all around and make a big speech out of it, though in your case this may not be the best option. You may want to try coming out to your dad first since he seems more open to the idea. But whatever you decide don't do it because you feel like you have to, come out in a time and way that feels right to you.