1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pushed Into A Corner

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ChameleonSoul, Mar 13, 2014.

1. ChameleonSoul

Alright, I'm going to try to make this quick. Today I've been put in an awkward place by a girl in my class. I found out that one of the most sought-after girls in my school likes me. Unfortunately she (along with nearly everyone I know) has no idea that I'm gay and if I were to turn her down, it would be pretty obvious as to why.

So my question for everyone is: How do I get out of this without everyone knowing about me orientation? Should I just tell her or would it make things even more awkward? I know that she's an ally so her knowing wouldn't be a problem.

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, I think you might be worrying too much.
    If you reject her and you really don't want to have to deal with coming out to people, you can simply say that you don't want to date her, or you don't want to deal with dating. Period.
    I told people that for a very long time before I became comfortable coming out to them and nobody thought twice of it.

Telling her may not be an issue as far as support goes, but if you don't want the news getting leaked to her best friends, and then spreading like wildfire, I wouldn't risk telling her. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

PS - Congrats on being such a stud. :wink:

#2 TJ, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  3. Lil Shorty

Just tell her you are not intrested and stop worrying so much you are gonna make yourself sick sweetie

4. Kellyve

I agree with TJ. Likelihood is that nobody will think twice if you were to turn her down. I mean people do that all the time and it has nothing to do with their sexuality in most cases.

5. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hahaha... I guess I can say I've been in similar situations...
    Idk... Would it be THAT bad if people found out you weren't straight?
    If so, I think you can just deny her without everybody jumping to that conclusion... and if they do, you just tell them they're idiots...
    Sigh... Do you ever feel like the most wanted girls hitting you is like life's way of taunting you? xD

6. lordsnow

You could just tell her that she's not "your type" blonde, brunette etc. That way you don't have to come out to her, and I highly doubt anyone will think your gay because of it

7. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You could probably say you're not ready/comfortable with dating in general at this point. I don't think that'll rouse suspicion at all really.