1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating a well-experienced guy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Firestorm, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Firestorm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi to all,

I'm new here and recently decided to join and register. I have been reading a lot of the posts here and I want to say that is it amazing to have a site like this. It's nice to have a site like this where you can ask hard questions and not be judged.

I have a question to anyone that may have encountered what I'm about to tell. I'm currently dating a guy who slept with a thousand men and no, he never had any STDs and he is HIV-. It shocked me when he said that. I really like him a lot and he likes me too. How can I get past this dilemma? I still want to pursue a relationship with him but it bothers me knowing he slept with that many men.

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi. :smilewave
    I can understand your concern with him having slept with a lot of men, but if he is a nice guy who cares a lot about you, and who you get along great with, I think you should try to look past his prior sexual experience.

Is it okay to be worried about his past, or to feel kind of like a 'drop in the pond' - yes. But I think you should look to the future and be happy that he's been so honest with you.

This could be something that he is trying to move on from, and having a boyfriend dump him because of his past is a little sad, you have to admit.

Now, I know this advice isn't very helpful in respects to your emotions; it's mostly advising that you try to come to terms with his past. I don't want to seem negative, or insensitive to your feelings because what you're feeling is totally reasonable.

If you really think this guy is awesome and is genuinely caring, perhaps you can talk to him about it.
    I think talking to him about it may be more helpful than an explanation here.
    Talk to him about your concerns, your feelings, listen to what he has to say.

#2 TJ, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014