1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I give up our friendship?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Rainfall, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Rainfall

I have so many friends but I can only count few that I considered to be the closest with. And then, there's this one friend whom I considered more of a sister. We share a lot of things in common. We grew up together and we know each other so well. We accept each others imperfections. We're a team and I care a lot about her. Sometimes, she would show that she cares about me too and I could feel that warmth of knowing that someone cares.

But then the problem arises when we fight. Nowadays, we argue over small things. Then she would ignore me... like for weeks! It's always me who approaches her because I would swallow my pride just to end the nonsense. The cycle continues and it is so tiring being the only one exerting effort to reconcile. In addition, I'm becoming doubtful. I feel like she would only talk to me when she doesn't have anyone to talk to. When she initiates the conversation, I only get curt replies or be left hanging even. I don't like to think that I'm being taken advantage of but it really is emotionally draining. Cause one day she would be the overly caring friend that I've known before, then comes tomorrow.. when I'm just a stranger to her.

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you tried asking her if there is something wrong?

3. Rainfall

I did and she apologized for her behaviour. I was expecting a happy ending but nope. She's now ignoring me even more. Like wtf?!! I'm tired of her playing mind games with me. She's losing my trust. She doesn't care at all. I'm giving up. I know it'll hurt like a bitch but I don't care anymore:tears:

4. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

It may be that she feels more for you than you do for her, and that being around you is painful because of this. Or she is just changing and outgrowing the friendship. It is hard to say without an honest discussion with her.

5. Rainfall

I don't want to talk to her anymore as she's the one ignoring my attempts of starting a convo. Especially on facebook where I know she read my messages but decided to not reply to them anymore. I don't know. Breaking up with a friend whom you trust and care for is the worst.

6. Dino14

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I know how this feels. I was very close with somebody for a very long time and slowly communication began to break down and we were constantly bickering about little things. Eventually, it came to a point where she just walked away and said that it was the best thing to do and that "one day we could be friends again." About 10 months later, we did reconcile with clear heads and we are civil, but it's not the same as it used to be, and we're both okay with that.

I think the space did us good, because whilst it's not how it was, we salvaged something from a sinking ship. For you, do you want space with the hope of trying again in the future, or do you want to cut the ties now and wish them all the best?

Peace & love x

7. Rainfall

How did you manage not talking to her for 10 months?

I tried cutting ties before but it was futile obviously since I took her back in a heartbeat when she started talking to me again. I forgave her cause I still want her in my life. Maybe it was me who ruined it because I confronted her directly?

8. Dino14

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    At first, it was really hard. I'm not going to lie about that! Eventually, you start to realise it's for the best. The anger I had started to die down and all the silly things that caused us to argue disappeared from my mind. I think it lasted so long because I was at university 200 miles away from home so we never really had time to come across each other.

9. Rainfall

I'm ain't even mad. I'm just annoyed because she's the closest friend I've ever had and I can't seem to understand her. It's funny how I'm still contemplating with the idea of giving her space when she already did start it. Maybe you're right. It's for the best. I guess it's a lesson learned. Not to trust someone that much anymore.