1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't I have gay friends that won't try to sleep with me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Juggalo, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Juggalo

Is it just me? Every gay guy I know hits on me constantly. While flattering, canjt I just have a friend who won't try to get me to sleep with them? I'm not out yet, people. Stop trying to sleep with me, just shut up and be there for me.

Seriously. Anyone else have this problem?

2. Dino14

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I can relate! I'm out to all of my friends, but only two family members (my cousin and one of my brothers). The majority of my lesbian friends have tried hitting on me, which is awkward because I'm pretty sure they've all slept together as well.

I don't understand why it happens, either. You're not alone! :slight_smile:

Peace & love x

3. MassiveDynamic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it's possible.. but not common. My best friend is gay and we have never been together. Its really rare for gay guys to be friends though and not want more -- sexually or relationship wise. Gotta find someone you connect with on a level of respect and not physical attraction.

4. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

Everyone is different. I try my best not to play any sort of games with people at all. Unless there is a clear indication of interest verbally, I keep my distance even if it makes me a bit uncomfortable. I can always go home and have some personal time if you know what I mean. I realize that many people don't think this way, but I guess we are all products of our experiences, and I don't like being used or played around with, so I don't do it to others.

5. Clay

I'm actually quite surprised that it's being considered rare by people here. I have about 3 gay guys that I'm friends with that I have no interest in sleeping with.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Among all the people I know, it does seem that a lot of gay guys are all but incapable of hitting on anything they perceive as gay. However it's not true of all gay men. Several of my good friends, who are in their 20s, are very close with each other but they never cross the line from "friend" to hitting on one another. I think that's somewhat unusual, but it's not impossible.

7. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the reason gay people are more likely to hit on each other is because they don't know very many people like them. So if they see an opportunity, they take it.

Not that my closeted self can really relate, so this is just speculation.

8. SamTheMan

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have this same issue. And saying "no" yields nothing. They then get mad at me because I don't want to do anything with them, and I'm "being a jerk" to them by saying no, and not wanting to talk to them 24/7. It's really annoying because I just want friends and I feel like I can't have any gay friends due to them hitting on me

I'm at a loss as to knowing what to do.

9. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I ranted about this before. I hate how people think that being gay means having no boundaries. Even if I'm gay, I'm still reserved sexually and romantically, as well as picky. It's great to find other gay people, but that doesn't mean someone is available (even if they're single, they may just not be interested).