1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Touchy situation with a friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Belkeseri18, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Belkeseri18

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm in a bit of a sticky situation with a friend of mine. The problem is kinda my fault, but that's neither here nor there. So this guy and I have been friends for like 3 or 4 years now. About 6 months or so ago, before I accepted that I was gay and came out, I developed a MAJOR crush for my guy friend. I got really scared because I felt attracted physically and emotionally to my friend, but I had started to identify as gay yet. My friend is straight and has a girlfriend, so I just kinda cut myself off from him. I stopped talking to him, texting him or even returning his calls. Which I know was a mistake and a jerk move, but I was scared of what I was feeling for him, or more afraid of what that could mean. So now that I have come out to my parents and one really close friend from work, I want to reconnect with my guy friend, and give him an explanation for my actions, perhaps coming out to him, I not sure. Any advice? How should I approach the situation?:help:

2. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think your only real option is to be honest with him. Explain the feelings you were developing and how much they scared you before finally making peace with your sexuality. Unfortunately there's a decent chance he won't be forgiving which I'm sure you can understand given the circumstances, but I think it's your best shot.

3. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would just get in touch with him and be completely honest. That's the best thing you can do.

4. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think telling him is a very healthy thing to do. It will make him understand, and also let you move on. :slight_smile:
    Good luck!