1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do lesbians feel about bi girls?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by R999, Mar 16, 2014.

1. R999

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Serious question. How do lesbians feel about bisexual girls? I am bi and mainly only attracted to androgynous or "butch" lesbians, but sometimes I feel like lesbians are more judgmental of bi girls than straight people. Aren't we supposed to be part of the same community?

2. Beetle

I don't mind them. I guess some lesbians can be more wary of "bi-curious" or "experimental" type girls.

3. R999

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just think it's important to remember the difference between someone who is Bi-curious and someone who is bi.

4. itsonlyrelative

The only lesbians that I have heard of that have problems with bi-girls seem to have that problem because they are uncomfortable with the idea that she may be attracted to a guy a leave them for a guy. I think that if a lesbian is confident in herself and the relationship enough, than she shouldn't have these concerns. I personally think that it is ridiculous to assume that relationship patterns of all bisexual women.

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm a femme lesbian so I guess your not gonna like me much but here's my two cents
    I've had long distance relationships with bisexuals in the past and no they were not good they both turned out bad , One bisexual girl i was with left me for a guy and while she was with me she cheated on me with the guy she pasted him off as a friend then came and told me she didn't want to be with me anymore and she wanted to be with him . I wanted to be with her so bad that i even thought of having an open relationship with them and both of them were like no we don't want you in the picture . another bisexual I dated had a boyfriend and she was cheating on him with me when she had told me I broke up with her without speaking to her . I think I was a little harsh doing that to her I really did like that girl but i was so upset . Another was engaged to be married but wanted me for a girlfriend she told me she couldn't live with out being with a man and a woman at the same time . She wanted me as a girlfriend and him as a husband he knew about me but I refused to go with her because I didn't want to play second fiddle to anyone . Now looking at it now I've had bad experience with 3 bisexual women I've dated and after i just only dated lesbians and was scared of other bisexuals . But one bisexual girl that i befriended was very fateful to her other bisexual partner then i thought it would be stupid of me to take my experience with 3 bisexual women that I've dated and link every bisexual woman out there I'm pretty sure if this bi girl can be fateful others can .
    Even though now I'm open to dating bi girls I'm still very weary because of my experiences I try to avoid bi curious girls because their not the same as bisexuals . I also
    Like getting to know a bisexual girl before dating her because i think in my past relationship with bi women I did not take the chance to know them . I also like doing this with lesbian women as well getting to know them before dating . I also think it's best to ask them what their looking for do you want a relationship or just sex .
    My rules are as long as you like me I'm fine with dating you and as long as your monogamous in your relationships . I'm not gonna dismiss a girl because she's bi I'm fine with a girl liking women and men as long she really likes me I don't care . I'm a bit weary of dating bisexual girls on dating sites but I think if i just talk to them get to know them it will be alright .(that one i'm still working on)

#5 stocking, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  6. R999

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That seems fair.
    Although maybe you're focusing on the fact that those women were Bi and not that they were just cheaters who were unable to have a monogamous relationship. I have a hard time with people who say bisexuals are more likely to cheat. Wrong, cheaters are more likely to cheat.

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Your right I was back then and i do believe they were just cheaters because not all bi girls are like that . I've come across some fateful ones not by dating them but by being friends with them and getting to know them . the funny thing was back then I use to think I was bi I wasn't bi at all but I also remember getting dismissed by a few lesbians because of it but i've met some that just didn't care they liked me and I liked them yeah I was pretty faithful to them and they never said your bi I won't date you all they cared about was that I liked girls and that's it .

#7 stocking, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  8. R999

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Also, I didn't say I don't like femme lesbians, just I tend to crush on more androgynous girls. The girl I like now is super girly and super straight. Soooo :frowning2: lol

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    sorry for misunderstanding :icon_bigg

10. Butterfly16

Butterfly16 Guest

Considering I had myself convinced I was bisexual for a while im fine with them just my case though

11. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I used to discriminate against bisexuals myself when I was younger due to bad experiences. But I'm not like that anymore and realize what I was doing was wrong (Especially since I met lesbians that acted the same). Now I have nothing against bisexuals or dating one, and I like to clear up all those harmful stereotypes about them. As well as bring up from experience why I think lesbians reject them so we can understand those feelings and work through making them less common.

12. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would date a bi sexual girl, there is no reason why not. It doesn't make her more likely to cheat.

13. laurenc

laurenc Guest

I do not have problems with bi girls but I do have problems with girls who cheat no mater what their sexual oreintation

14. Aelan

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I current am dating a bi sexual girl, have been for seven years. She is truly bi. Loves men and women but is committed to me. As she puts it she is sexually attracted to men and women but romantically attracted to women only.

15. Idris

Out Status:
    Some people
    As someone who is predominantly lesbian, I don't mind them one bit. However, I identified as bisexual leaning towards women up until recently, so I've seen both sides. Some worry that they'll be used, or that they'll be left for a guy.