1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

very complicated relationship.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Jiramanau, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Jiramanau

Out Status:
    Some people
    OK so I'm just gonna jump in. In December my wife left for a lot of reasons I don't want to talk about, and i moved in with my best friend, we'll call him ben. As I got used to the idea my marriage was over I did a lot of reflecting and finally admitted to myself that I'd always liked guys I just closeted everything I felt and the one time about 10years back I seriously considered dating a guy I knew, I was too scared to act on it.
    So in a nutshell, ben and i are tighter than brothers. In college people joked that we had to either be gay or stoners (stoners:eusa_clap) and At an alumni event one of our teachers asked when we where getting married. So we're close, and I decided to tell Ben about my newly recognized diversity but like usual I couldent find the words, and it finally came out while drunk. Iirc we where talking about how everyone at work thinks we're gay anyway because we do have a very close relationship and he said "well ive never had sex with a guy" and I just couldent say anything, then it got weird. He got nervous and so I made a big deal about me not wanting anything between us to change and he was fine then, very supportive and I told him where I was at. But the truth is our jokes about being "heterosexual life partners" are actually a pretty good description of our relationship, even before the divorce it seemed like we couldent spend enough time together. Like broke back mountain but with pot and TV instead of....yea. and since I've known Ben he's never had a girlfriend...yea. so its like this perfect person is here but just out of reach. I know i need to deal with my divorce and all that and so I can't tell if he's really just a supportive friend or if he's just giving me time to deal with the divorce and see a few guys before he lays all his cards down. He was so ambiguous when we talked, one minute he's talking like he's freaked out and the next he's saying we should probably both get tested so I'm very confused.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe you should clear up the ambiguity on your part and say you might be having feelings for him since he seems to be accepting.

3. thrnvlpidj

But that doesn't seem to be what you really want.

Maybe when he said he's never had sex with a guy he was hoping you would say "Do you want to try it with me?"