1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this good or bad?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by kylegf2011, Mar 17, 2014.

1. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I texted a guy I like, and told him we should do something together some day. He answered: yes! lets go to the movies. So I asked him when, and he said he was busy studying for exams now, but when it was over he would let me know.

How long should I wait to text him again? and do you think there might be any interest at all?

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He suggested an activity on his own instead of saying something more amorphous, which is good. Ask him on Thursday what he's up to this weekend. If he wants to make plans, that'll be the time to do it. If he says he's busy, you've at least started a conversation about your weekend plans. And if he doesn't respond, it's not like you've poured your heart out since all you did was ask him about his weekend plans.

Granted, I'm about the last person who's qualified to give advice on this, but that's my two cents. Hope it helps!

3. laurenc

laurenc Guest

It sounds like a step in the right direction,it sounds like he may be interested good luck

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There's not enough info to know if he's interested; friends also go to the movies. However, since he's willing to go, you might just ask him what days are free. Try to find out upcoming movies you're both interested in to make him know you have something concrete in mind (e.g. a new movie or something older that has really good reviews).

5. setnyx

i'd probably wait till after exams to bring it up again, just incase it's an excuse. if he knows your bi, i would think he would clarify as not a date if he wasn't interested. good luck.

6. robclem21

Is the same guy as before? Either way I guess, probably a good sign. I don't think you need to worry about texting him back to soon. Don't go overboard, but semicharmed had good advice. He seems interested and so he shouldn't be bothered too much if you ask him about the weekend. When studying, people often get sidetracked and forget about things, so probably good to ask him again soon. If he forgets don't take it the wrong way.

You could also ask him how is exams are going and hell probably also tell you if hes almost done or not

7. Vskokrew

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    After the exam I suppose? Check his uni calendar on when semester and finals end. Then make an approximation on when will be a good time to ask him out again =]
    Good luck bud!

8. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes I think Im going to do that, I mean if he really didn´t want to see me why would he suggest going to the movies right?? :confused:

9. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I texted him again, and he answered and we talked a little. I asked him when his exams ended and he said it wasn´t like a week or two, but like every week he has a very tough exam. I guess he doesn´t want to see me :frowning2:

10. robclem21

Dude you need to relax. He is probably studying for his exams....Wait a bit for his exams to finish. I know most people still study all weekends for their exams and don't really go out much. Doesn't seem out of the ordinary to me... Cut the guy a little slack.

11. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hope you´re right, the thing is he had told me we should go to the movies when his exams finished, and now he tells me they are not really finishing...

I hope Im exaggerating :icon_sad: I really really like this guy, I can´t stop thinking about him

12. pianoguy88

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    See if he wants to take a study break and grab some coffee :icon_wink