1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shattering hope?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by madi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. madi

I have recently started liking someone. Over winter break I had a thing with my best friend who lives across the country from me. We knew we wouldn't be able to do long distance but we acknowledged liking each other and sort of implied not dating other people. With college coming and both of us planning to remain 2500 miles away from each other though, we know we can't be together. Some people can make long distance work, but neither of us want it.
    Anyway, nothing has happened with my new crush that lives here yet, but I am going on a date thing? Should I tell my friend or wait until something happens between me and my crush?

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it's a big burden on both of you to not date others when you didn't seem to have a solid foundation for the romantic side of this relationship. Maybe it will be good to discuss your current crush with your friend as a way of getting advice.

3. thrnvlpidj

Maybe you should clarify this

4. setnyx

i think you should talk this out with your friend before something happens with your crush, if it does. you don't want to be feeling guilty about it.