1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I behave masculine but look feminine, and I feel misunderstood by lesbians

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ZombieEater, Mar 17, 2014.

1. ZombieEater

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel somewhat misunderstood by girls on dating sites. They see my pictures and assume I'm a lipstick lesbian. But although I have long hair and wear makeup (in 2 of my pictures), you can tell by what I've written about myself in my profile, that personality-wise I'm not really feminine. This one gorgeous girl had on her profile "message me if you wanna get to know me, and if you're butch" and I feel that I *am* masculine. Maybe not in the way I look, but the person I am, my core identity, is masculine. Of course, when I said "I'm butch! And I think I love you... etc, etc" (making sure she knew I was joking about the I love you part) she laughed (not in a rude way though) and said, "girrrrrl, how are you butch? hahaha!" I understand that just by looking at my pictures, she'd see a femme but I was hoping that wouldn't be the case. I don't know where I belong, and I don't know what to do. Because 1) I do enjoy wearing makeup and having long hair, 2) I naturally behave in a masculine way, and desire to be with a pretty, feminine girl in the way that a man would be with a woman (I realize that this is a crude way of putting it, and that many others don't like using the man/woman terms when describing lesbian relationships, but this is the clearest way I can put it). It seems that feminine girls either want other lipstick lesbians, which I am not, or they want butch lesbians, which they can't see me as. Other than change the way I look, which I wouldn't enjoy doing, what can I do? Also, are there other people like this out there? I'm not heartbroken or miserable or anything, I'm just a bit let down that it's always like this. Another time, there was this femme girl who liked other femme girls, and over time I could tell that she was becoming less into me, because I wasn't girly how she expected and wanted me to be.

Note: sorry about double post. I can't find the button to delete a thread.

2. somenumbers3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I love girls who look feminine and act masculine

They are just so much easier to get along with

I would consider myself the same. I love having long hair and such, although I don't wear a lot of makeup

Believe me, there are girls who will appreciate you

3. ZombieEater

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    :slight_smile: How has dating been for you?

4. setnyx

it's sad that someone in lgbt community feels the need to put others in a box. first impressions count but they should take the time to get to know you. hope you have better luck.

5. KThomps

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Girls who look feminine and act masculine are the best because then I(who prefer the more submissive role) can do that

6. ZombieEater

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Setnyx yeah... That girl who said "how are you butch?" hasn't responded to me since. Not saying she owes it to me, no, she doesn't. But I just think if she got to know me, she would see my personality could really complement hers, since she's feminine and likes masculine lesbians.

Haha Kthomps, you might be my dream girl.

7. somenumbers3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Honestly...not too well :frowning2:

I think a lot of girls assume I'm straight...and I can't tell which ones aren't... *sigh*

8. ZombieEater

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah... I get more attention from straight men and butch lesbians. Not that I'm complaining. It flatters me that some people like me. Too bad it's not people I'm attracted to, aha.

9. somenumbers3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Exactly! Story of my life.....

By the way...your name (ZombieEater), reference to a Faith No More song?

10. ZombieEater

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Haha aw I'm sorry but I don't know Faith No More. My name zombie eater is just some weird handle I came up with, cause I like zombies.

11. somenumbers3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    good name either way :slight_smile:

12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm femme and i like girls like you a lot . I think you can say your a femme with a masculine personally i've seen this girl on youtube is describes herself very similar to you refer to herself that way .
    I like both girly personally and masculine personally in women . I just don't like a woman that looks butch but if she acts butch I think it's hot like as in her personality . I'm a femme that acts girly and I also think I'm the submissive type

13. ZombieEater

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    thanks somenumber :slight_smile:

hi stocking :slight_smile: I wish there were more girls like you. It's nice that you think masculine personalities are hot. I have never been told my personality is hot before haha

14. An0n

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The great thing is so far the responses have given you hope, and hopefully this does too;

Michelle Rodriguez comes across as having a masculine personality but her style is still somewhat feminine. She is dating Cara Delevigne. Appears to be very similar. (I say "appears" because I don't know these woman so these are merely interpretations of what I see.)

So, matches occur.... Damn Michelle is still so hot. I think it's time to watch Machete. Lol.

15. RainSprite

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I know what you mean by looking feminine, and not looking masculine.

How does a person act masculine? (what are the qualities, characteristics, etc.?) I know this is a weird question, but I'm curious. And, sometimes, the definition of 'masculine' and how a person acts changes depending on the person.

16. ZombieEater

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Damn, I had no idea Cara Delevingne was bisexual (or lesbian?). That's really cool. I've always thought she was gorgeous.

It definitely seems that Michelle's personality is more butch with her appearance more feminine/neutral. I like that, heh. I have more hope now. Maybe I can get a girl like Cara one day.

Rainsprite, I don't really know how to describe it. I would say, though, that in terms of personality, I find mine more similar to that of the average guy's, rather than the average girl's.

17. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I consider myself a chapstick lesbian, but that might not work with your appearance either. But since you specified in your dating profiles in your interests, I guess people aren't reading or can't see it? Sorry you got disrespect.

18. ZombieEater

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmm, well it's the closest label to what I am. But yeah, Idk if you can see my avatar, (it's not showing up for me anywhere except when I'm at my profile) but I think I look like any other lipstick lesbian. It seems weird to me that I enjoy looking feminine but it's the complete opposite of my personality. Don't you think that's kind of weird? I don't think it's bad, but I'm just curious sometimes as to why I'm like this.

19. laurenc

laurenc Guest

girls who are masculine in behavoir/personality but femme in apperiance are very attractive to me.

20. An0n

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My ex is like that. She really enjoys the attention she gets from women when she's in a dress, especially as tight jeans and heels don't get her as many admirers (, weird as she's the same woman).
    Do you enjoy the attention your external femininity brings?