1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Huge crush on best friend's brother?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Adaminski, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Adaminski

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So last Thanksgiving, I had dinner with my best friend's family since his family lives closest to my university and the airline tickets back to my hometown were outrageous during the holidays. Anyways, I met his older brother (2 years apart) and was immediately astonished by his beauty. Of course I said nothing and all I could do was make a complete fool of myself and stuttering every word that came out of my mouth, but we eventually started talking later in the night just about football and random small talk. He doesn't know I'm gay and am only out to my sister and best friend so far. But even after 5 months, I still can't stop thinking about him. Not only is he extremely good-looking, but he has a great sense of humor and very humble, which I find attractive. However, he's straight and is currently in a relationship. How can I go about this? Should I tell my best friend about this?

2. MMF

MMF

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Tell your bestfriend about it but make it like a casual talk "did you know I find your brother attractive, too bad he isn't gay haha"

3. Hiems

I've had crushes on straight guys too. It's best to let it go, as hard as that sounds, so that you don't waste all your energy on chasing someone you can't have. You're better off looking for someone who's gay or bi. There's other fish in the sea that possess the qualities you're looking for.

You could bring it up casually with your best friend, but doing so will likely achieve nothing because again, his brother is straight. Depending on how accepting your friend is of you being gay, he might respond negatively or positively, so take that into account when deciding whether to casually talk about his brother.

If you just want to let out your feelings to someone, then maybe you could talk to your sister.

4. robclem21

I don't think it really matters either way to be honest. There will be nothing gained out of telling him since there is nothing that really can happen, and if you don't say anything, nothing really changes either.

It all depends on how comfortable you are with your best friend. If you think he would tell his brother than it might get awkward or maybe not. Hard to say.

5. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As long as you know your best friend won't freak out (I assume he already knows your gay)
    , go ahead.