1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I told my NEW best friend that I love him. Romantic story

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Karl99, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Karl99

I see him at school. He's obviously a guy lol. It started when we started commenting on each other's pictures on facebook(he did it first).Then I gained all my courage to start a chat with him on facebook. One thing led to another, and NOW HE'S THE BEST FRIEND I COULD EVER ASK FOR. This happened only 2 days ago. It all happened so fast. We almost have all the same likes and dislikes. In my opinion we're like twins. It's incredible how FAST we got comfortable with each other. We know everything about each other now. Too bad he's off to college(he's way too ahead of me) And i'm just starting high school :tears: I love him. I can't live without him. :icon_sad: Yet he's off to college and there's definitely nothing I can do. From where I come from I come from there's only about a few days of school left. I don't wanna lose him.:tears: He completes me:tears: Then I finally got the courage to tell him that I was bi, he accepted me for what I was :slight_smile: then he told me he was confused about his sexuality too, but only a little(REALLY LITTLE) We text each other everyday ever since(this was only 2 days ago) We would stay late at night just to talk to each other. I would wake up really early so I could meet with him at school early in the morning(this was today)THEN I FINALLY GOT THE COURAGE AGAIN to tell that I think I love HIM but I was still confused about it. He said he knew it LOL. He was still very accepting of me :slight_smile:. We say I love you to each other too like what he does to his other close friends. But he told me we were maybe the closest. We text each other all day. Even during class. Today at school. I gave him a packet with 3 medium sized cookies and 3 small reese's. He's never told his friends about me. The same goes for him to me. No one knows we're BEST FRIENDS. When no one was at the cafeteria, we hung out. That's when I gave him the packet with the sweets. In return, he gave me a pretty big Toblerone chocolate, which I forgot he told me about giving me but I forgot so I was surprised lol. He was so shy in real life. We were smiling at each other. We started to talk and I could tell he was soooo nervous. He asked the same question twice lol. Which he apologized for lol I said I didn't mind lol. BTW this is the first time we actually met in real life. ALL OF OUR TALKS HAPPEN IN FACEBOOK AND IN TEXT MESSAGING.Oh and he asked if we could take pictures with each other lol. He asked for my selfies too XD HAHAHAHA. So I asked him for some too hahahahaha. (this part happened on facebook). Okay, back to when we finally met in real life, we had a really good time in the end. :icon_bigg with treats from each other :slight_smile: hahahahaha. We have great chemistry when we talk :slight_smile: :icon_bigg My other friends hate me now because I haven't been paying A LOT of attention to them. Ever since I told him I loved him. I've been sending romantic texts to him, which he always replies back with "Thank you". Idk if he's my bro or am I in love with him. I'm so confused. We always tell each other we love each other like REALLY CLOSE friends but.......idk I get that feeling when you're in love. When I got home today, I text him that I was waiting for him on facebook. But he texted back saying something I was shocked about..........He was crying. He said he wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone so I gave him space. But later I still tried to comfort him. I asked what was wrong many times. But he wouldn't say. He said he would only tell me if he was ready. He said maybe perhaps tomorrow he would tell me. For the mean time he needed space. So I AM giving him space.
    What do you think is happening?
    Do you think he's in love with me too?
    What's your opinion of the overall situation?
    Should I continue to love him even though he's leaving?
    Give me everything you've got.
    Your help is much appreciated :icon_bigg

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all, how old is he, and how old are you?
    I don't think age gaps are a problem, but it would help to know.

My guess is that something happened. Maybe his parents had an argument or something...
    Just give him space and let him know that he can talk when he wants to.

Also, given that he's leaving, and he hasn't really confirmed that he likes you back, I think you should probably prepare yourself that a relationship might not be possible :frowning2:

3. Tectonic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So you're 13/14 years old and he's 17/18 years old? You've just met each other and you love him and he's crying to you?

I guess it doesn't get any more fast paced than that. You're just starting high school and he's off to college. I think that sums up how this should play out right there.

4. Jameson

^^^ Yeah seriously, you just met him and he's not only your best friend but your lover? And you must only be 13 or so years old. How many times have you actually met him?

I do not want to disrespect you, but you seriously need to think critically about this. You're underage and still somewhat of a child.

5. MMF

MMF

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It's probably just a puppy love. I don't think he would be serious for you as much as you are for him.

6. Takine

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I wouldn't toss out the love word so quickly and I am in my 20s...
    Just enjoy the time spent with one another and not try and worry what it is labeled as

7. jonnemack

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    He seems to like you, kiss him before you can't do it anymore.

THERE, I SAID IT!

8. robclem21

I am terribly sorry if this comes off the wrong way, but this is doomed to fail in my opinion. The age gap may not seem big, but between 13 and 17 is a very very big deal in my opinion. Consider, he is leaving your school and moving away to college while you have 4 more years in high school.

Also, I think falling in love over 2 days on facebook/texting is common for 13 and 14 year olds, but thats not how real relationships work in the real world. It takes months and years to build that type of deep understanding of another person that you cannot accomplish talking in 48 hours and meeting up once. I would also question is motives and need to be interested in someone 4 years younger with very little chance that this can work out.

My suggestion, it is okay to stay friends with him, but distance yourself, cut back from him, pay attention to your real friends who you seem to be neglecting, and enjoy high school because this is only going to end really badly for you.

9. PalestrinaMX

I think it's possible he could be interested in you despite the age gap. I mean you're both in high school, it wouldn't be the first time a senior and freshman dated. Perhaps he was crying because he's conflicted? I don't know, he told you he was confused about his sexuality so maybe you've made him realize that he isn't as straight as he thought he was, and this is bringing all these emotions out. Especially if the day he cried was the same day you met in person. Maybe just go with the flow, but proceed with attentiveness.

10. Karl99

Thank you for all of your help guys