1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have no gaydar

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by confusedandi, Mar 18, 2014.

1. confusedandi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm a lesbian so obviously I should know when other girls play for my team, right? Wrong. I have absolutely no gaydar whatsoever and it sucks. When I asked my lesbian friend how she knew she just said to observe actions and notice who acts like me but I don't even know how I act gay! So long rant short, I need help! What are typical common things that set off your gaydar?:help:

2. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

I think it's always hard to tell. I try to not assume. That being said, there have been times where I have met someone and just knew, but I am not really sure how. I have been told that gaydar is not a real thing, but every time I have known for sure I have been proven right over time. I am just as bewildered as you as to how that is though.

3. MMF

MMF

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It's already hard for boys, I bet it's even harder for girls..

4. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always been so great at knowing who's gay or who's not. Sometimes I was wrong about them but usually I always guessed right.

Anyway I don't think it's a big deal. Basing on whoever is gay or who is not on stereotypes is decent. I remember coming out to some people and hearing the comment "oh you don't act gay so how can you be gay". Its offensive and just wrong. So there is nothing wrong with you if you don't have this so called gaydar because it can be based mostly on bullshit stereotypes. Regardless if you think someone is gay or not based on your gaydar it wouldn't be wise to confront them about it anyway.

5. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Maybe you can tell when they look you in the eyes?:slight_smile:

6. White Knight

Well my gaydar is weird one.

I can ping celebrities easily. In real life I can pin point bedable(is this a word?) guys, you know the straight ones who doesn't mind dipping into gay waters. No emotions just sex.

However tried and true I can't ping real life gays... well unless they are obvious. Hmm or they hit on me like a sledgehammer...

7. IsThisAName

I'm just as bewildered as you. My best friend is gay and he said his gaydar went off with me months before I came out to him. I asked him how the heck he knew and he just said "it's a gift." If a girl is flirting with me, I can usually tell but otherwise it's hard to know!!

8. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I do think gaydar is real. You just have to spend sometime practising haha if only it was that easy. It's not possible to tell everyone it's just a style thing or their mannerisms or of course them checking out other girls.

9. Penpal

I have to say I'm clueless! LOL

10. laurenc

laurenc Guest

dont feel bad mine only works half the time. I have thought some straihht girls were gay and some gay girls were straight

11. Purplefrog

Purplefrog Guest

I too can be way off sometimes, but there is often something about the way a girl holds herself, whether she's femme or more butch. I don't mean that in an affected way, but just that there is something slightly more masculine about her than say other girls. But then there are those lesbians who you would never guess unless they told you.

12. Lindsey23

I've heard that lesbians hold eye contact with each other for slightly longer than straight girls do. Based on this I've suspected a couple of women but I have no idea if I'm right!

13. ImHappy247

Out Status:
    All but family
    My gaydar works this way. EVERYONE is bisexual until proven wrong. I know I shouldnt think that way but I just do and it has worked for me.

PD: Half of the success of my gaydar is the fact that apparently I study at a bisexual school cause like half of the guys I know are either bi or bicurious.

14. lordsnow

I also think gaydar can extend beyond the LGBT community, my aunt who is straight has uncanny gaydar.

15. ZombieEater

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The only time I can tell if a girl is gay is when she's (outwardly) butch, so even then it's of no use because I'm not attracted to butch girls :/