1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've fallen for one of my friends... Help please.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BleachedHair, Mar 19, 2014.

1. BleachedHair

BleachedHair Guest

Sorry this might be rather long..

Anyway there's this guy in my class who, along with my other friend are, the only two people I'm friends with in the world. Guy number ones name is A. And number twos is N. I'm out to both of them and they're really cool about it.. In fact when I told A his response was: okay.
    To him I'm not any different from the rest of the worlds that's nice. Both of them are okay with it to the point that we make gay jokes together.. It's great. I really like A he's SUPER cute. Weird part is a think he knows I like him... And he doesn't seem to mind it. He's made it pretty clear he's straight but I just don't know... I've fallen for him and I need advice.

2. Csp1993

Csp1993 Guest

Ah, this is always bound to happen. I'm sure this happens way more than anyone likes to admit, but it is a silent killer in the gay/bi community. I mean, how can we help it? We are always around this particular person and we're pretty close to them. If you spend enough time with that person you will most likely develop romantic feelings for them. The most you can do is to act normal around them, tell the butterflies in your tummy to chill, and just wait it out. I'm going through the same thing as well, but slightly different. One thing I always say: time ALWAYS helps.

3. BleachedHair

BleachedHair Guest

Thanks! Any more anyone?

4. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I went through this at around your age. I met a guy when I was 14, by 15 I was in love with him. I don't think my course of action helped.... my way of coping was slowly getting closer and more intimate with him (we WERE best friends) to the point of hugging and touching and even talking about sexual stuff.... This helped in the short time so I could express some of my attraction with him by hugging and stuff, but in the long term it just made me depressed because I fell harder for him and knew it could never be returned.

If I could have repeated this part of my life, I think I would have told him early on that I had feelings for him. I would have made sure he wouldn't freak out first though.... although he also had a girlfriend so I guess it was hard to tell him... because I felt I would come across as 'trying to steal him'... but yeah... if you can tell this guy but make sure that he'll still be friends with you and let him know you can move on, I think it's a good idea to tell him.