1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boyfriend moving in (LDR)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ilovebears, Mar 20, 2014.

1. ilovebears

My man and I will be renting an apartment together, thereby eliminating the long-distance factor!

I was just wondering if any of you all had any general advice about moving in with a loved one? We've definitely talked about our habits, how we are going to share things, finances, responsibilities, etc. He's lived with some of his ex's, and I'm currently sharing a house with 4 other guys, so those experiences will help... Also, we're both the type to quickly and logically resolve things, so we can move past conflict as smoothly as possible.

It also helps that:
    • I have an art studio I can run away to
    • I have no doubt that we're going to have a lifelong relationship.

Thanks!

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My only advice would be for you to learn how to handle money as a couple. Read books and seek advice, it really does need to be taken seriously.

Keep your own bank account, as he should keep his. Have a joint account as well with pre-defined expenses proportional to your incomes.

Love will conquer all, but keep a close eye on the piggy-bank; it has legs!