1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush at school. I need advice.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Skaros, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    There's this boy in my last period crush whom I have a major crush on. I'm 99% sure he's gay. He talks gay and what not; basically, he shows up on my gaydar. He's nice, cute, healthy, funny, sweet, and I just like him so much. Problem is, I get SO shy near him. I want him to know how I feel. We've talked a bit before, and he's a great guy. I just don't know how to approach him. We only see each other once a day. I look at him from my desk, and I think he occasionally looks back and smiles at me. Either that or I'm paranoid. Any advice is great. All other guys just don't seem as attractive to me anymore. I want him and him only. When I think of him, my heart races and my stomach tickles. Please help!

2. UG Scorpio

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Not the only one having the same issue as me it can be very hard I know but the one I like is well I think he is Fay but everyone else says he is straight. I feel your pain brother

3. Hiems

Try to start a conversation with him about the class. Maybe talk about whether you like or dislike the teacher, what you like about the subject, etc. It makes sense to do this since you guys are both in the same period. That's what I usually do when anyone in my class approaches me. Somehow, the conversations eventually progress to topics beyond the classroom and about life in general...

4. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Start talking to him more at school. Once you've done that, ask him if he wants to hang out outside of school sometime (see a movie, go somewhere, go to a park and kick a ball around). Inviting him around to your house would be a good thing to do also once you know him a bit better. :wink:

5. ema228

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Getting shy around a crush is annoying because it can be hard to strike a conversation. Try partnering with him in class if there is ever something that requires partners. Talk about things you both like maybe or ask about his interests. I told my crush that I liked her and she told me she liked me as well. So maybe after a while of getting to know each other then maybe confess how you feel and if he likes you too yay but if not friends is better than nothing right? Hope this advice helps you out. Oh and for the shyness texting or messaging helps because it's not face to face. When face to face, take a deep breath and say what you want without hesitation. It's like ripping a bandaid off but with words. Good luck!

6. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I talked to him a bit today. I do believe he looks back at me more often now. I asked him about the homework and he went ahead and got out his planner to show me. He later looked back at me and immediately looked away when I put my head up. I'm beginning to think he does like me back. Only problem is; we don't get a chance to talk much. I want to ask my friends for advice. I told another friend of mine (she's lesbian) that I'm gay and I'm prepared to ask my friend (he's straight but knows I'm gay) for dating advice. I feel like I need help from someone to get my message across. Any opinions about this?

7. Bryony

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ask him about his weekend plans, and then suggest a fun activity like a movie! It's a good way to get him in a situation where the two of you can talk. If he's gay he'll more than likely get the idea that you're asking him on a date and, hey there might even be flirting after that :grin:

Good luck!

8. addie88

I would say you have two options. well, three.

1) continue to gaze at him wistfully

2) gaze wistfully but try and get to know him and maybe if you become good friends he'll tell he's gay and then you two will ride into the sunset together.

3) gaze wistfully and then randomly go up to him and tell him that you think he's really attractive and wonderful and that you don't know if he's of that persuasion but if he is, to give you a call, and if not, you just wanted to give it a shot.

good luck and godspeed in your quest, friend

9. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think I'll try this. I'll give it a few more weeks though. Thanks!